Cannot Install the Latest Update - 1.30.12.0

Greetings:

When downloading the latest update, it appears my download gets in a loop around the 901MB area of the d/l (in the 64th of 72 packages). By pausing the d/l it appears it is with the fs-devmode-0.1.24 fspatch. I checked and updated my Windows 11 and all is up-to-date. Anyone else having this problem? More importantly, if you are having this issue, have you resolved it?

Delete the file / last file it updated and try again.

What should I do if the update seems to stall or stop downloading?

The first thing to try is closing down MSFS and restarting it. The downloading should start again once MSFS is restarted. If there are problems with a particular file downloading repeatedly (on a loop) then exit MSFS and browse to the download location where the file is downloading to using windows explorer. Delete the offending file (if it is listed) or the latest downloaded file in that folder and then restart MSFS. The patch should continue as normal. (Note only delete files do not delete folders!)

Many thanks for your rapid response. Of note regarding to your suggestions:

a. I did this several times and the d/l starts at the beginning and always ended up with the installation going into a loop at the 901.5MB level of the d/l when trying to install the fs.devmode.0.1.22.fspatch.

b. <If there are problems with a particular file downloading repeatedly (on a loop) then exit MSFS and browse to the download location where the file is downloading to using windows explorer.
Delete the offending file (if it is listed) or the latest downloaded file in that folder and then restart MSFS. The patch should continue as normal.> I tried this. During the installation, it starts looping the fs-devmode.0.1.22.fspatch. It is hard to find the file, but did eventually find a subdirectory titled “.fscontent” in a subdirectory titled Office next to my community folder. I deleted the last time stamped file that was titled “fs-devmode” and was only 10 bytes in size and simply spelled out the word INPROCESS inside the file. Also in that directory were numerous files on various Asobo aircraft. I left them alone

c. Ran the installation again (It always starts at the beginning too.) I d/l until the 901.5MB level where once again the loop began again. Tried it again, but this time deleted all the files in the .fscontent directory, left the directory there, and ran the installation again. Once again, the little wheel of death appears and the d/l went into the loop at the 910MB of the 1.GB d/l.

d. Given what you suggested, what did I do wrong?

e. Could the fault on not being able to install this update be on the Microsoft side of the house to fix instead of a MSFS2020 user roaming his C drive looking for the culprit? That is, do they need to amend their download process to correct this installation update?

Again, thanks for your suggestions but I remain hopeless.

2 Likes

Same here. Stuck in a loop at Decompressing FS_devmode…

I found out if any of the updated files are “hidden” in their directory, it will not update. I unhid my entire steam folder and it updated right away with no further issues. Hopefully this helps.

I’m in the same situation here. Just can’t pass from the fs-devmode-0.1.24.
Can’t believe these install or update problems still happen.

Hello,

looks like some problems with services and servers also generally, give it some time hour or two and start again.

In order to get around and resolve this issue, I had to uninstall and then re-install MSFS202. When doing such, make sure you either move or change the name of your community folder to help you avoid the reinstallation of your software used in MSFS2020. Good luck!

I have the same issue. I have tried uninstalling the game and removing every trace of MSFS, including the roaming folders, but it just absolutely does not work. it will not install as it hangs during decompressing stages of update/install.

im having the same issue when trying to clean install MSFS, i get hangs during the download/installation and have to constantly close MSFS and then go and delete various files and hidden files.
it seems as though ASBO/Microsoft dont care since i tried searching for a fix for this and dont find any. theyve took the money (alot of that too) and ran.

edit: so after trying everything, i went to my laptop and downloaded MSFS on it as on a reddit post it was suggested to try another computer if you have one. MSFS downloaded without any issues, only real difference is the laptop runs windows 11 rather than 10 and i guess hasnt had years of installs and uninstalls to fiddle with the inner workings. So i bit the bullet and clean installed windows but with 11 instead of 10 and MSFS downloaded without problems, just hope that the random crash to desktops that caused me to re-installed the sim to start of with doesnt start again. No idea why its suddenly download and why a clean install of OS made a difference and its a stupid way to get a game to work when every other game i have i doesn’t require this but i think im finally back in. This shouldnt be what you have to resort to just to get a game to download and run but i suppose clean installing windows

It’s a disaster, finally reaching up to 1.50 Gb’s and then it’s back to 500 mbs. Over and over again. Already tried everything. I installed this game a week and a half ago, a real pain to install as this load/reload loop took place many times even during installation, played it for 4 days, and then back to update. Game is broken, let’s face it, this is not normal.

Jokes on me for buying this over Xplane 12.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.