Cannot pop out G1000 panels

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

NO

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

YES removed all from community / deleted the game and clean install from xbox store

Brief description of the issue:

Cannot pop out G1000 panels
Press right ALT gives a + symbol but when I click the panel to pop it out the entire screen lightly flash but no pop out screen.
-Tested on G1000 Nxi on c172 da40 da62
-It had worked before on all aircraft
-Other panels pop out still works (Tested on TBM930)

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Press right ALT to pop out G1000 panels

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

It’s working just fine. Have you changed monitors or monitor assignments. It may be popping out to an area of your display that you can no longer get at. It’s another annoying bug that happens if your display area has changed.

2 Likes

yes
this is exactly what happens
thank you so much

2 Likes

I’m trying to fix this myself. I can pop-out the MFD but I cannot pop out the PFD. It just does a + sign but I can’t find it anywhere. I tried going windowed mode, changing resolutions, trying to change monitors but no luck. I even reinstalled MFS. This worked for me previously but I cannot get it to work now. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I’m having the exact same problem if you solve the issue please let me know

I’m having the same problem how do you find out which display area it has gone to? any help would be greatley appreciated.

Hey John, I did figure this out. What a pain in the butt. I downloaded “msfs pop out panel manager” and was able to get it to identify the different popped out windows and then was able to shift the X and Y to the new positions. I found what happens is MSFS positions windows relative to the main game window, irrespective of the position of your monitors. So if you had a monitor to the right of your main monitor, and popped out the G1000, then repositioned the second monitor to below your main monitor, then the g1000 window would still be popping up on the screen space to the right of the main monitor, even though the secondary monitor is now below the main monitor, so it will pop up off screen and have no option to move it, unless you moved your secondary monitor back to that position, or if you use “msfs pop out panel manager” to reposition the popout windows.

1 Like

BTW, thanks for this fix. Seems like a reset feature would have been a benefit here.

There is a brand new version 4 of POPM coming very soon so this may prove to help with issues like this.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

I’ve had this same problem going on a couple of months now. Uninstalled/reinstalled no difference. All other glass displays work fine including the G1000 mfd.

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Did you see the post marked as the OP’s solution?