Cannot refuel during bush trips

Ok, I had found this thread a while ago after I ran out of fuel in the Pyrenees. I just use Repair & Refuel even though it’s “magical”. Today I was flying the Alaska Bush trip (in the Cub Crafter X Cub) and took off on a leg with 57% fuel. I calculated I would land at something like 40%. But 3/4 of the way there the motor dies with fuel at 45% still. Couldn’t do anything so I just hit crtl-F and voila, fuel was 100% and my motor restarted and I didn’t crash.

What am I doing wrong? I assume there are two tanks and I’m not using them evenly? What am I missing? Thanks.

The X Cub has two fuel tanks and you have to switch manually. Turn the head/view to 5 or 7 o’clock and up to the wings inside the cockpit. There you can see how much fuel is left on each side.

I think, you must not refuel during flight to get the trip done, but on the ground only.

1 Like

I agree with the sentiment in this thread. A key binding is OK , but an interactive way to refuel would add to the immersion nicely.

Are you remembering to lean the mixture? Don’t forget, these bush trips are done on full realism.

THANKS for the advice!

1 Like

The same problem to me.

I mapped Shift + R and that does it too. I couldn’t seem to get the fuel truck to do any more than drive up for a while with Shift + F

I would love to know why the fuel window is disabled on bush trips. Is it a bug or a feature without any logic? It sure doesn’t add to realism.

1 Like

`When landing at an airport with fuel the shift+F brings the refueling truck to the air craft however no fuel is loaded. Has anyone had this problem and if so what is the fix…

Thanks for your help!!!

Activities - Bush Trips - Breckenridge to Mariposa Yosemite. No refuel option available so cannot fly beyond leg 9

Flying a leg of the Alaskan Bush trip the Cub lost power and I did a forced landing.

Despite having 1/3rd tank of fuel showing it ran dry and the engine stopped.

Luckily I had a two key Repair and Refuel binding and was able to refill, restart and complete the leg.

you ARE lucky. I ran out after landing but while still coming to a stop. No matter what I tried, it kept wanting to continue that leg but would never let me complete it, so had to go back to the previous legt.

…same here. i am now on the Alaska Bus Trip.
Still the rudder issue from very first Bush Trip!
And, i think they forgot to add an achievement also -.-
It should be added on my best trip of all, hehe :wink:

Asobo should just fix this, it’s literally changing one line in a simple cfg file. Just with support coop/multiplayer. I know, cause I have done this.

On the tour without aid, I’m out of fuel. How does the deposit fill up?

If you’re asking about the bushtrips; there’s currently no refueling sadly.
Best way to deal with it is to bind a key to the ‘repair and refuel’ command in your keyboard settings. This will get you back underway (and won’t affect the achievement).

5 Likes

Can’t say I’ve done many offical bush trips, are you saying you can’t find an airport to refuel at? That’s what I usually do, swing by a fuel station most small airports have them and the fuel window pops open, walla.

I do think there may still be bugs with fuel consumption and starting amount (is it persisted from a previous flight?), I do seem to lose fuel quite quickly at times.

1 Like

Thank you. It really works!!!

1 Like

The bushtrips disable the refueling interface (it’s not even available in the top bar), so you simply can’t refuel.

1 Like

Glad to be of assistance. Feel free to tag my previous post as the solution by ticking the grey checkmark icon below it.