Cannot Select Desired Installation Drive - Microsoft Store

Hi all.

I am having an issue with the MS Store installation of MSFS Standard (detailed below). I am hoping someone has dealt with and worked out a fix for this issue.

Not posting in #bugs-and-issues as the issue seems to be with the MS Store and not the sim.

I have Premium Deluxe installed through Steam on my M drive. I am wanting to install my Standard edition from the MS Store on the same drive. However when I click the install button in the MS store it only lets me select from C (not an option), and D (not enough space). It is as if every part of my OS can see that drive but the MS Store.

I know a duel installation is possible because I had one a few months ago, but I seem to be stuck. I’ve tried Googling to see if others have had this issue before, but I’m clearly using the wrong search terms.

Furthermore, I contacted MSFS Support (Zendesk), but there were unable to help instead directing me to Microsoft Store support. Unfortunately, Microsoft only provides a toll number for support meaning I’d be paying 20 something cents a minute, including hold time, just to see if they had an agent that knew the answer.

Hoping someone here has faced a similar situation with the MS Store or is better at Googling than I am.

TIA.

Don’t understand : “lets me select from C (not an option)”.
“not an option” - what does this mean?

" and D (not enough space"
It does see it if it displays “not enough space”.

I leave C drive for core applications only (Windows, Office 365, IDEs, etc.). I do not install games on this drive. It is M drive that I want to install on, and that is not being provided as an option.

What does it display when you type the M: drive in the selection box?

I am unable to type M as it is a select box and the option doesn’t exist.

I have not seen that dialog screen before.

You don’t want C:.
D: is not large enough.

I have no idea why the install program does not list your M: drive.

If you want, display “Settings” Disk Management
and reply with a screenshot.

1 Like

I may have found a work around…

While you were composing your last message, I opened [Windows] settings → storage → change where new content is saved. I then changed “New apps will save to” from C to M. I went back into the Windows Store and started the download, and I have now changed M back to C in my settings.

I’ll let you know in a little bit if it installs where expected, thanks for all your help.

1 Like

The steps in the post above worked, thanks again for your help.

I also learned from you.

I have my Windows 10 to automatically save content in my F: drive.

But, I didn’t think it would affect an “Install” program.

There are several free apps in Google Play store that allow you to legally call US (excluding Alaska) and Canadian phone numbers for free.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.