Cannot select IFR runway/approach on certain airports

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Brief description of the issue:

Cannot select approach or runway when creating IFR plan in the world map. The menu displays no other options than “select”

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Select IFR plan to KPIT or any other airfield.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Xbox Series S

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

This also happened at Barcelona El Prat, but that was fixed after the patch. Also seen at KPHL.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Yes.

There are many airports at which no IFR approach can be selected, even though there used to be several options. This frequently applies to bigger airports as well, and airports that did use to have IFR approaches selectable.

I’m having the same issue. I use Simbrief for flight plans and when i load it through the world map, I can only select runways. Nothing else. Cant select SIDS or STARS. Even tried without using Simbrief and does the same thing.

Yes, able to reproduce it on Xbox Series X and Cloud

This occurs in NZQN - Queenstown Airport. You used to be able to select an RNAV approach but you can no longer do this.

YES, I am on XBOX serie X

The Waypoint have disappeared. For the flighplan KTEX dct ETL dct DBL KASE, i have tried to put waypoint ETL and DBL but they aren’t present when i make a search.
Before SU9, all waypoint were presents. Same issues for SID, STAR and approach

Same problem here, I can’t choose any stars neither sids, it’s only “direct” to the destination

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue: Hi everyone. I have a semi newbie question. Up until a few weeks ago if I was flying IFR with an ILS approach in the A320 (or 787 etc) I would……

1. Go to the map and select departure gate and airport arrival gate.
  2. Select low/high altitude airways
  3. Select the ILS I wanted to use on arrival, ie; ILS03L. You would see the approach path on the map.
  4. Go Fly
  5. All the information would be loaded into the systems computer and I would fly. Receive atc climb/descend and get an intercept on the ILS.

Now….

Go through steps 1-3
The map just shows a direct line to the airport. No ILS approach path.
The flight plan loaded flys me to the airport. No descent, no approach. Just overhead the airport.

I am totally confused as to what I am doing wrong or what is happening. It used to be perfect……

Really hoping for some help.

Many thanks in advance.

Same issue with CYVR RWY 08L and 08R (Vancouver, Canada). The issue occurred after WU11 (Canada) and continues to persist. I have submitted a bug report to Microsoft. There are many other airports that exhibit the same issue (EBBR, EHAM for example).

I have this experience with every airport I’ve tried. KHOU, KDFW, and other that I know have available approaches and transitions. any fixes @deancbrown @Brodes8524 ?

Update 10 seemed to cause a lot of missing approaches. I was able to test the Beta for update 11 and tested the missing approaches that had been returned in that version. When the update was released, the approaches for CYVR and many others had been repaired.

Since November I have been flying a route that is taking me around the world. 53 of the 54 airports I have landed at on this tour have had a variety of approaches/departures (VOR/DME/ILS/RNAV) to select from.

How big is your list of airports that are missing approaches? Are they ILS or RNAV or both?

Can you list the specific approaches that aren’t in the list (some approaches have never been listed)?

I will check the airport codes you mention to see what’s available to me and let you know.

I have’nt searched far and wide but every airport I have tried to establish an flight plan hasn’t worked. these aircraft include: Base Cessna 172 G1000, Cessna 172 (Steam gauge w/ G530), Cessna Citation mustang (510) add-on, and base citation longitude, Beechcraft bonanza (G1000).

All the airports listed I have flown to and used these approaches previously in the sim.

the airports I tried are:
KIWS- should have an RNAV for runway 15 + 33
KCLL- should have RNAV, ILS, 17 +35 and and RNAV 11 + 29
KDFW- Major Airport so should have everything ILS, RNAV.
KHOU- again, major airport should have basically everything.
KSGR- should have RNAV 35+17

All of these have nothing.

sidenote: whenever I click on approach, arrival, departure or whatever it never lets me get past the screen before it presents you with options.if more clarification is needed simply ask.

@deancbrown
Sadly, I have come to the conclusion that I should completely uninstall then reinstall the whole game. fml

now realizing I only listed Approaches, but departures, and arrivals are the same way.

Did these approaches stop working recently? SU12 just came out the other day, so it may have corrupted the approaches you mention, in the sim as a whole.

I will check the airports out as well, to see if I can access the SID/STAR.

Don’t do the uninstall just yet - it might not make much difference.

I would also put in a formal big report (follow the instructions and provide pix if you can)

I’ll post what I find :blush:

alright, sounds like a plan. The first time I experienced any problems was Friday, 3-24 but I hadn’t played since that previous weekend. SU12 seems to blame for the corruption.

Just figured this out, when I go into my world Map, It wont let me select any thing besides Direct GPS. Or… that is, If I select IFR (High or low altitude) it doesn’t make me waypoints and doesn’t allow me to select a departure arrival approach as it shows no options. I believe I saw this in another thread, I might have a different problem.

This continues to be a problem at the end of July. I am not positive, but the approaches seem to have disappeared with the introduction of the working title updates. While some work fine, many RNAV approaches have just disappeared. They worked fine before the above named “updates”.