Cannot start the FlyInside B-47G on a helipad

guys, thank you very much for this update, for add helipads, and for new birds and everything else… but why. just why you do this?

just curious, what force you to do this? first of all, why birds not from your choice are prohibited? btw cessna can landing there with right wind direction lol… it’s just beyond of any logic? why i can not take any aircraft with fix or not fix wings? why there no parking logic but start logic, and so we start there in new beauty blue choper with all system ready to go. why?! in the name of bill murray?! what the kind of ghost whispered on your ear to do that?! and more importantly, why do you listen it?

i think it’s ok. because create addon with some parking points around and some helies on there it’s idea that will inside many of heads of many of good people:)

Write FlyInside an email, point out the bug and they will provide an update. Quite simple actually.

this is not flyinside bug! this is implementation of helipad logic as started there with engine start… this haven’t any sense to do heli spot with different logic as for fix wing

1 Like

If anyone wants a temporary fix to this, you can edit the aircraft.cfg in the bell 47 community folder.
The ui_typerole needs to be set to Rotorcraft for spawning on helipads. There will be several entries so make sure to change them all.

and

The new helipads have some sort of a tag that tells it if a aircraft is a helicopter or not.

1 Like

cool thank you, i get it from devs sight, but what to do guys who install it from marketplace?

They then hope for the next update.

I think it makes sense to not let planes start on helipads. That’s all this is doing. The 3rd party developer hasn’t changed his ui_typerole to Rotorcraft yet. That’s all that has to be changed.

People already try to spawn in to a small GA parking spot with a 747 and call it broken when the 747 isn’t aligned properly.

4 Likes

well. they could prevent ai start there, but not user, user can do anything, it’s same ridiculous as lock way for implement warbirds with full functionality. just because some guys are don’t like weapon.

The idea is understandable and maybe it‘s a start to prevent aircraft types from loading up where they don‘t belong. The Ju52 on floats still loads at international gates. At least no A320 will stand around a helipad in the jungle. Clumsy work once again but apparently effective.

yes if we talking about ai. but human with a320 can try with 150kts wind:)
btw changing cfg doesn’t help
even there i can not change to start from surface with cold and dark. only airborne 1500. who will die if people will start from ever they want, or devs try to avoid collisions, that not implemented?

probably for some certain reason is right, because some guys to serious, and in online wouldn’t like see people do fool around… hard to understand, but i do:)

It’s not because some guys don’t like weapons. It’s because the current age rating. Having weapons would bump that up considerably, while it is meant to be a family game.

I think once sea plane runways are more common and fully supported in the SDK, we can expect a new UI category (float planes) and filter on that as well.

1 Like

There’s a wish-list item for that. You can leave your vote.

1 Like

Yep, that‘s why I called it clumsy… remain all the Spitfires and WW1 biplanes at SFO…. Helicopters have had a treatment now but it would have been more helpful if we had been enabled to set our aircraft up infividually to be loaded by the AI system. But that topic is as old as the sim :man_shrugging:t2:

A third party dev actually contacted the ESRB to ask about this and they apparently said that 3d models of non-functioning weapons wouldn’t raise the age rating and it’s just a Microsoft decision.

1 Like

thank you all for explanation as clear as it possible. about filtering i think you are right, i’m not:) about weapons, this is insanity, kids who don’t like weapon will not use weapon. and kids have same rights as old idiots, or even more. they can do they choice even better than we are, because maximum interneurons connections has new born child, and formation of brain is insignificance and as a loss of that connections… nobody push people or kids to use warbirds with working weapons, in game can be even created filter for avoid that, or avoid weapon from online. all that can be solved, and maximalists guys like vrs can create their hornet, because they 100% will not create castrato… as i mention many times before, i don’t need weapons in this games, but i want fly models with 100% authentic ready to go system with my favorite aggressor skin for nato fighters. in history of simulators exist two absolutes mustangs from a2a and hornet from vrs. and because of this politic, there no way to got vrs hornet. i almost don’t fly dcs, because i want fly real weather/time everywhere i can on the planet, so don’t start that discussion about that. i know there super good models, but i even didn’t buy apache, because it’s too good for fly at those maps. actually i didn’t buy any other models, only lock on addon as tribute to the past :slight_smile:
it’s sound like naughty child, but I do not reflect on this, yes, i am a naughty child released 1973

aggree… now that helicopters are an official part of MSFS I expect from all existing thirdparty helicopter products an update, so that the new type of “aircraft” is used. MSFS do it well and not let other than helicopters use a heli-pad.

1 Like

ESRB only regulates for 2 of the ~190 countries in the world where this game is sold.

1 Like