Cannot uninstall 40th anniversary edition aircraft on Xbox

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Brief description of the issue:

After the 40th anniversary update, the sim is taking a huge chunk of capacity in my Series S. I would like to uninstall some of these in order to free up space, but they cannot be found in Content Manager.

(Related: I thought the new aircraft would show up as free content in the Marketplace, and not installed automatically)

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Screenshot showing that the DC-3 is installed:

Screenshots showing the entire contents of my Content Manager, with no 40th anniversary aircraft (e.g. the DC-3) in it:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

1. Navigate to the Content Manager.
  2. Search for any 40th anniversary aircraft (e.g. the DC-3) so that I can delete it.

Expected result: I can find the aircraft I searched for (e.g. the DC-3).
Observed result: The aircraft does not come up in search.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Xbox Series S

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

1.28.9.0. This specifically references the new 40th anniversary aircraft.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

You can. Do it from the content manager.

1 Like

It does. The A310, for example, has two versions. The default “easy fly” version is downloaded as part of the 40th update. There is a more advanced version in the marketplace for free download.

1 Like

I can’t find them in the content manager, it only shows the world updates and my third party stuff.

Hi there,
I just went into my Content Manager and was able to uninstall all of the aircraft below, which is all of the aircraft included in the 40th anniversary edition. Therefore, I moved this to Community Support, as it might be that there is some issue on your end.

• Airbus A310-300
  • Bell 407
  • Curtiss JN4 Jenny
  • De Havilland DHC-2 Beaver
  • DG-1001E neo
  • DG LS8-18
  • Douglas DC-3
  • Grumman G-21A Goose
  • Guimbal Capri G2
  • Hughes H4 Hercules (Spruce Goose)
  • Ryan Spirit of St. Louis
  • Wright Flyer

Would it be possible to share a screenshot of your search for one of these aircraft in Content Manager? Thank you!

Hi, this is what my Content Manager looks like

Thanks! Sorry for the late response – I have been running around all day.

Could you just confirm two things:

1. The screenshots show 100% of your Content Manager addons? Judging by the scrollbars in the pictures, it looks like it is, but I just want to be sure.
  2. Could you show a screenshot of the flight planning screen where one or more of the 40th anniversary aircraft (doesn’t matter which one) is available to select?
1 Like

Yeah I would love to do the same.

How do I get the advanced version? I searched the a310 up in the marektplace and nothing showed up for it and I play on xbox s.

Important to note he is on Xbox, not PC.

Understood 100%.

@Daflame2654 , your profile says “Xbox Cloud Gaming” but you said “Xbox S”. Are you on both platforms? Identical problems on each, or just on Series S?

I have a xbox s but I play msfs2020 on cloud gaming…

Okay thanks, so you’re saying that the A310 is not installed on your Cloud Gaming device?

it is but I want to get the advanced version from the market place but it dosen’t show on the market place when I search it up…

That’s because it’s only available for PC… sorry.

Yeah, sorry. It’s only available for PC only.

This is not an official answer – only a personal guess from me – that the upgrade requires more memory than is available on other platforms.

Going forward, I would like to keep this thread on-topic and only about the inability to uninstall the aircraft on Xbox.
Thanks!

Hi, that is indeed my whole content manager.

Here’s a pic of (part of ) the aircraft selection screen, showing some of the new planes.

1 Like

Thank you!
I moved this to Bug Reports and formatted this as a bug.

1 Like

Unfortunately, the 40th Anniversary aircraft are part of the base sim, and unlike PC cannot be individually installed or uninstalled. Closing as by design.