CAnnot Use Recent Carrier Ops Additions

I just downloaded and installed the following addons from Flight-sim.to:

Aircraft carrier group - superspud
Aircraftcarriergroup-arrestowires
Pb-carrier-crew
pbk-carrier-pz61
touchingcloud-airdraft-fa18e-sw

I cannot take off any carrier using the F18 Superwarrior. My throttles act erratically (Honeycomb Bravo) and my other controls (Honeycomb Alpha) such as spoiler and parking brake don’t work either. I can fly the F18 from any land based airport with problems. I have checked with my buddies on discord and verified that my file structure is set up correctly in the Community folder.

Can you please help?

Otrman AKA Henry

Start with one addon in your community folder.
If it works add another.
Keep going until you find which one is causing the issue.

I have done that and it did not solve the problem.

I have tried that and it did not solve the problem. In additions I have run additional tests.

1. I hooked up a joystick and tested. Throttle does not work - cannot advance the throttle attempting carrier ops…
  2. I tested the joystick attempting (F-18 Warrior) take off from a normal runway. That worked and I was able to get airborne.
  3. I tested using F2 and F3 attempting carrier ops - did not advance the throttle.
  4. I tested F2 and F3 attempting a normal runway take off and that also worked.

It seems to me that carrier ops just will not work using the Honeycomb throttle, the joystick throttle, or keyboard throttle controls.

I am not sure where my request for support should be sent but I am hopeful that you can help me.

Henry

Always to the 3rd party developers although for any content bought in the marketplace a ticket to Zendesk may help speed things up.

So it does seem like a conflict between two third party addons.
touchingcloud-airdraft-fa18e-sw
Aircraft carrier group - superspud

Since it is mostly concerned with the F18, you may want to contact him
This is a link to Touching Cloud’s facebook page

Some of our users reported similar issue but I can’t replicate it on my hardware.

F/A18SW uses WASM script for carrier ops simulation (crew animation trigger and arresting wires collision detection) and XML scrips for catapult acceleration and arresting deceleration, but none of them alter throttle values.

You may perform these tests:

1. Is stock F/A has any problems on same carriers?
  2. Is modded F/A has problems on carriers which has no crew/wires presented on the deck?
  3. Try to remove (temporarily rename) FME.WASM file inside of aircraft panel folder, so you will no longer interact with crew and wires, does it solve throttle issue?
  4. If you have F-35, does modded F-35 has similar issue? (freeware mod available on flightsim.to as well)

Tests Performed on PBK pz61 Enterprise using following downloads from Flightsim.to downloads installed in Community folder:

Pbk-carrier-crew

Pbk-carrier-pz61

Touchingcloud –aircraft-fa 18e-sw

• F18 as supplied with MSFS Premier
  • F18 Superwarrior
  • F14B Add-on

Throttles act erratically using both yoke and stick controllers. In addition F3 and F2 get no response at all.

I then tried twin engine prop Beechcraft Baron neither yoke (erratic) or keyboard (no response) worked.

Tried renaming fme.wasm to fme1.wasm – no effect - restored it to fme.wasm after testing

Tested on ACNY and pz61

Beechcraft throttles ineffective erratic.

FA 18 Superwarrior throttles no keyboard effective

Tried F18 Super Hornet throttles not effective

Following are the folders in my MS Community Folder:

Aircraft carrier group – superspud

Aircraft carrier group volume 2 – superspud

Pbk-carrier-crew

Pbk-carrier group-pz61

Touchingcloud-aircraft-fa18e-sw

Have you changed your throttle binding from “Throttle” to “Throttle1”?
If you haven’t that may be part of the issue.

I have both throttle 1 and throttle 2 set as shown in the attachment.

I can fly off of any land based runway just fine but not any carrier using my Bravo flight controller.

1 Like

So problem not in aircraft or WASM script, but in collision surface that used as carrier deck.
Sounds like MSFS glitch where surface type lock throttle controls but I have no clues how it can be fixed.

Have you tried to disable crashes/damage in difficulty settings?

In General options set to modern and crash realism set to zero. In assistance options all assists set to easy.

I get same issue when trying to take off from superspud carriers.

Don’t know where to go next.

Hello! In my case, it’s okay until the F-18 Super Warrior reaches the edge of the ship, after that it
stop and say I fell into the water. Crash is off in main settings. Don’t know what is the problem.

I am using the F18 Super warrior with carrier pz61. I had a lot of problems with both throttles and landing until I disable all pilot assists. Things working better now.