Can't buy anything from Marketplace

I’ve checked the forums and although lots of discussions, I haven’t been able to find a solution…
Each time I click on ‘buy & download’ (or just ‘buy’) from the Marketplace, I immediately get the ‘Purchase Failed’ message.
The community folder is clear, I’m not running under Steam, and all my account/payment details on Microsoft Store are up to date and OK.
I can download and install free files and updates with no problem - it’s just purchases that don’t work…
Any suggestions?
Thanks!

hi there, what helped me out was, to start msfs not!!! as an administrator, cheers!!

That’s interesting as I have just been through this myself!
The first time I saw purchase failed I aborted the purchase.
The second time, I ignored the message and just waited. After a few seconds the Microsoft purchase box appeared and it all went through OK.
Purchase failed seems to just appear at the start, before your details are confirmed.

Don’t worry — Not being able to BUY from the store, will be one of the Highest Priority items to get fix … !!

Thanks!
Please excuse my ignorance, but where is the .exe file located (so I can change the properties NOT to run as Administrator), or is there an easier way…?

starting a program on your desktop can be performed normally by just clicking on the program symbol and the program starts…what i meant was, to do right this with MSFS,there is another method starting a program from the desktop, by rightclicking the symbol and choosing “ run as administrator”…

normally we just click on the symbol ( this is was i meant by running not!!! as an administrator)…this solved my marketplace issue…

but there is a link about marketplace issues…it can be more than that…

Thank you.
I’ve tried running MSFS ‘normally’ as well as Administrator - either way, I get the same problem.
I can download and install anything free from Marketplace (updates etc.), but nothing that requires a purchase.
Why don’t Microsoft / Asobo / developers want my money…???

2 Likes

Same here, I can’t even get Free stuff.
Tried reinstalling
Tried logging out of Store, Xbox and FS2020.
Tried reinstalling MS Store, Xbox gaming service.
Running as regular user.

Sorry to hear you’re having this issue.
I don’t know how or why, but my issue resolved itself after the latest update…!

Got that Problem too, after Reinstall Problem was gone. But thats not a solution

I have the same problem as all you other chaps, I was going to buy the 337 but don’t want to reinstall to get it, So will have to see if the next update will sort it. I thought MS would be glad to take my money. Iv had 2020 from the start but never had this before.

I’m in the middle of a flight, so can’t check market place right now.
It could be down but check here Monitoring It’s manually updated, be the crew is quick to notice and post.

Maybe someone else can check the current state of the market place if reading this?

Otherwise see here Help specifically the second one from top.

The marketplace is badly implemented - if a transaction fails it locks your marketplace so you can’t buy anything. It doesn’t tell you that the transaction has failed or why and the recommendation I received was to logout, exit the game and then re-start the game and then log back in again. Then of course you lose your sensitivity settings. I don’t even understand why you need to be in the game to use the marketplace. These products hould be available in the XBOX Store, no need to have a separate marketplace in the game.

1 Like

Have the same problem, I just can’t buy on marketplace.

But slightly different: after click on “Buy and download” the button turn gray and nothing happens.
The last 2 updates did not fix it.

I’ve already closed all other tools, logged out, logged in, in MSFS and XBOX App as well.
Nothing helped.

Marketplace is still broken.

Hi, I cannot purchase from the Marketplace as it seems to only cater for the US. I live in Nigeria

Hi, in my case the Market

I have finally bought from the Marketplace,
Double click the FS Simulator icon, and it starts on the pc, sit back, wait. Open market place go to the plane you want , I selected purchase and download the B18, It made me sign in again to the MSStore…hey ho, and then it confirmed my card, and down it came.
Open the game as normal, FS Simulator, More, Adminsistrator and it’s downloading as I type. This after about a week of assistance from Zendesk that did not resolve the problem. HOpe this helps some of you