Can't change time of the day

Does anybody has the problem that can’t change time of the day with the slider? it gets stuck in current time and the slider moves and jumps back to current time… update 7 messed up the sim real good…
help!

Mine does the same thing and no live weather defaults to clear skies

1 Like

My condition is once I setup a certain time and weather, then I cannot change them in flight. In setup page, all player/off air traffic/preset weather are choosen.

The same thing happened to me, I deleted the Unreal Weather mod from the community folder and everything returned to normal

In case it can help you

3 Likes

I had this happen last flight earlier today - I was trying to put the clock back a couple of hours so my flight was in daylight.
Once in the ready to fly screen I selected Weather and noticed that the Live Time switch was in the “Off” position, as was the Live Weather, even though Live Weather was being shown. Switched them both to “On” and slider then worked okay.
Hope this helps.

Thank you. I confirmed the cause is indeed the unreal weather mod.

1 Like

After SU7, I’ve lost the ability to set both the weather and time from the inflight tool bar. The option is “Greyed” out :frowning: If I select “Live Weather” in the General Options => Data then all I have is live weather while in flight. If I unselect “Live weather” in the General Options => Data then I can set custom weather and time when I am setting up the flight in the setup screen but the “Live Weather” option is greyed out. What am I missing that has changed since before the SU7 release? Very frustrating and wondering if anyone has found a fix?

1 Like

Asking, just because you didn’t specify. Do you use Unreal Weather or any other weather addons?

I had the same issue, but like Milosensas stated above, it was linked to Unreal Weather, which needs to be updated.

1 Like

Hi and thanks for your feedback. I am not using any Weather add-ons including Unreal Weather. Just an fyi, that I deleted the entire MSFS program and reinstalled and unfortunately no change. And just to be extra sure, I totally emptied my “Community” folder just to ensure there were no conflicts with other add-ons. To be clear, the Live Weather option in the tool bar while in flight is greyed out regardless of whether I enable it or disable it in the General Options =>Data tab.

I’m on Xbox, there are no mods.

Same here on xbox and unable to change weather or time of day.

I am now happy to report the issue has been fixed by the development a couple of days ago. I now have the full ability to use either “Live Weather” or the presets while in the World Map or in flight. The weather option is also now active in the flight tool bar. Ironically when I first started up the game on Wednesday morning, no change. I’m near San Francisco and normally use the West Coast server. Out of frustration and then switched over to the Western Europe server and all of the weather selections started working. I then switched back to the U.S. West Coast server and all of the weather stuff worked as normal. Very frustrating but now I can enjoy adjusting the weather again between the Live or Presets.

I have the exact same issue.
Weather greyed out in flight.

Michael Moe

You might trying to connect to the Western Europe server and then restart to see if the corrects. If so, then connect back to your normal server or simply select “Auto”. It worked for me that way. Good Luck!

Having “Live Players” enabled in the “Multiplayer” section on the weather tab of the world map stops you from making any changes ot time and weather. Just change it to “All Players” or “Off” and the weather options are available again.

2 Likes