Cant control throttles and rudder when mouse over navighraph panel

Unfortunately this issue of the mouseover a Garmin window panel is still not fully fixed in the SU10 Beta, certain button buns are rendered inoperable, these issues started in SU7 and it’s very disappointing that they’re continuing today when everything worked fine pre-SU7.

1 Like

This is still not fixed. It happens to me all the time. Usually I realize it after I acknowledge ATC for landing then touchdown and my rudder doesn’t work so I veer off the runway while I’m awkwardly scrambling for the mouse to move it off the ATC window.

I have a X52 hotas and G27 wheel/pedals. Only the “rudder” pedals stop working on the G27.

1 Like

Something equal (or similar) to several issues posted here still happens. After months of annoyement I have finalIy nailed it down and can repeat it any time. Wonder if someone can reproduce it with her/his system. Make sure you do it in VR (after all we’re in a VR thread, I have a Varjo on PC). Follow this:

1. no specific assignment to elevator trim (neither button nor axis), auto-trim OFF
  2. start a free flight with any aircraft that has a trim wheel where you can read off its position clearly (Ce-152 or 172 will do)
  3. in cockpit open the in-game panel, then open and move any window (e.g. checklist, map) close to the trim wheel (so you can see them both without moving your head). Window may be open or closed with just the title bar remaining.
  4. Hover the mouse over the trim wheel (now highlighted blue) and use mouse scroll to roll the wheel in any direction.
  5. Now move your cursor off the wheel to the open window (or its header bar).
  6. The moment I touch the window, the trim wheel resets to default zero position.
  7. Repeat ad infinitum

When you are successful in reproducing it, you may change parameters. Autotrim ON will probably offset your trim wheel slightly when on the runway. To change between that offset and zero you can just move the cursor from wheel to the open panel window and vice versa.
Similar when you assign an axis to the elevator trim and move the wheel to a certain offset using the assigned hardware.
In one sentence: whenever you have the in-game panel or one of its app windows open and accidentally ‘touch’ it with your cursor, the trim jumps to zero.
Not realising that you may spin the wheel like a madman to correct it. And finally, when you ‘touch’ the wheel it jumps to maybe an off-limit position of your hardware and your plane ends as crushed metal.
EDIT: It seems that any glass panel or interface tablet acts the same as in-game panel windows. Thus e.g. in a 172 with a Garmin 1000 you don’t need to open the in-game panel, just touch the glass screen with your cursor and the trim wheel rolls back to zero.

1 Like

Hi, I found this bug within minutes of playing MSFS for the first time recently. It’s incredibly frustrating especially when on Final Approach and I’m surprised it has not been fixed, I hope it gets fixed ASAP as this is a Game Breaking issue.

Thank You.

It was “clearly said” huh? … though, still no fix … b.b.b.but it was “clearly said!” … well, that’s what “you said” …

clearly they fixed the issue” … and what SU are we up to now?

so, have they “clearly said” anything else about said issue? surely they must have? after all, they “clearly said” it back in early 2022 … ? and you “clearly said” that they “clearly said” … so, where is this “clearly said” fix that you “clearly” told us that they “clearly said” ? have you “clearly heard” anything else? you seemed so, so certain … well, they did “clearly say it” … didn’t they?

1 Like