Cant control throttles and rudder when mouse over navighraph panel

steam ver

after latest patch , when the mouse pointer is over navigraph in game panel , i cant use my hardware throttles and pedals to control the aircraft

only when move the cursor away from the navigraph panel i can move them again

warthog throttles
MFG rudders
alpha yoke

Same issue for me

It’s not only Navigraph. I use several other moving maps (alternating) and whenever the mouse is over a panel, controls stop working.

The usual result is me turning/shifting the controls some way until I detect they do nothing. Then, at a point, when I click somewhere on the panel/background, controls kick in again and downards/upwards goes the flight, either into Heaven or into Hell. :rage:

Submitted to Zendesk for the Beta Patch, but not amended in the release Patch version.

2 Likes

It’s a Known issue that will be fixed for SU8 as confirmed by Jayne in the beta testing forum, yes it’s poor form to not fix this during the beta opportunity but it is what it is with these developers unfortunately.

In the meantime just move the mouse away from a toolbar window and your controls will work.

I asked on discord some people pointed me to fsuipc or spad next to solve this issue and have much better axis and buttons assigments as well

VR - when mouse cursor hovers a panel, no input from rudder, throttle, propeller, etc. Ailerons and Elevator OK

Thanks voted

If you read the answer from Jayne - this will be fixed in SU8 - until that, we have to move the mouse - its annoying, but not an impossible workaround :wink:

I agree its not deal breaker

Glad I’ve found this post! I’ve been having problems over the last few days with my rudder pedals and throttle jamming up. I narrowed it down to the weather or map screens…but didn’t realise it only happened when the mouse was over it. I’ve crashed several aircraft as a result. At least I know how to avoid / correct it now.
Can’t wait for SU8.:grinning:
I’ve voted in the mean time.

Regards
Steve

1 Like

Oh man, this mouse focus thing is driving me nuts.
Especially during taxi and landings.
(while frantically pushing and pulling rudder/stick/throttle it always takes a second to realize it’s that stupid mouse pointer again) And then there’s the crash.

2 Likes

Yeah was hoping this would be fixed in the WU7 but alas it was not :frowning:

It was clearly said, that this will be fixed in SU8 - announced for 1st of March.
It’s annoying but not game breaking.

WU will not fix any bugs

I didn’t realise this issue was caused by the mouse pointer being over any windows. It’s been frustrating me for a few weeks. I assumed I was doing something wrong as I coudln’t see anyone else talk about it.

I run FS with a very sensitive high powered 6dof motion chair. Having the throttle getting jammed at stall speed makes me break out in sweat. I can’t guarantee I’ll always get to the emergency stop button in time…:sweat_smile: :rofl:

2 Likes

I am having this problem:

when the mouse pointer is on an ATC or Checklist window, rudder or throttle does not respond

Since SU7
using HP Reverb 2
Saitek controls
Windows 10, latest update

(When switch to monitor view, even WMR active, there is no issue).

1 Like

It’s annoying isn’t it? They say it’ll be fixed with SU8. I certainly hope so :slightly_smiling_face:

Regards
Steve

All this needs is a cursor with a fixed frame of reference, that does not move with VR. It could then be parked on the side where it can do no harm. It’s super annoying when I look away while setting the heading for the autopilot and the stupid cursor follows my head-movement. Let’s see how they solve it in WU8.

It’s certainly annoying… although you say the cursor follows your head movement? I’ve never seen that happen personally. Sounds like a different problem.

Regards
Steve

Although SU8 fixed the issue with controls freezing when my mouse pointer was over a window, whenever I use the VR Focus (right mouse button) my controls still freeze. Not sure if others have experienced this.

1 Like

I was testing the operation of the Su-31 and encountered this phenomenon.
It seems that rudder inputs are not reflected correctly when the forward line of sight is over the GPS monitor, regardless of whether the GPS screen is shown or hidden.
This problem also occurs even when the mouse cursor is off, and in particular it seems that the mouse cursor may remain in the center of the line of sight while the mouse cursor is off, and if this is over the GPS panel, the rudder controls will not work.
I believe the cursor is centered on the screen with XBOX support and support was put in so that the flight equipment can be controlled with it, but it is a serious impediment to rudder operation when taxiing with the Su31 in VR or during acrobatics to shake your head to check your surroundings.
The verification video is from the Sim update9 stage (version 1.25.7.0), and I have also tried it with DA40NG and others while looking through the GARMIN, and the rudder cannot be operated, so I assume the same problem is happening.

1 Like