Can't decide: Milviz 310R *or* the Kodiak

I replied to someone else. Follow the reply link and you’ll get it.

We had 3, yes, 3 real world 310 pilots working with us to refine, tweak and finalize the FM of the C310R. They all say we nailed it.

7 Likes

What do you think I’ve been doing with it since I bought it. If you are suggesting it’s on a par with the Yoko then either the Yoko is not as good as I imagine or you somehow can’t feel a difference.

Not sure if this is topic related. Correct me if you find me wrong.

You are right, it got out of topic, I have deleted my posts.

1 Like

It can be landed smoothly. I’m no expert by any stretch, but this was my most recent flight in the 310. It does take more finesse than other planes in the sim, and so, it takes more practice. Drop the throttle with too much altitude and it drops like a stone on to the runway. Hold the throttle too long and you hit with more speed than you’d like. This is the kind of plane that really benefits from practicing touch & go landings at your local airport. Compare that to the Kodiak, which can pretty much be man-handled. Coming in too high or fast, just yank the rudder to one side and dip a wing, and very quickly bleed off speed before straightening out. Good thing too, because I generally know nothing about the bush strips I’m flying to until I get there, so there’s a lot of “winging it” involved with that plane on my part.

310 Landing

4 Likes

I always look to what flight envelopes/types I have covered versus for picking between new aircraft, or if it’s a specific passion, such as the Bonanza is OK as your mental substitute for that desired Mooney and then one’s finally available… Unless the tragedy that your favorite something shows up and it’s a miserable terrible add-on(not the Mooney of course).

For sheer do-it-all envelope, the Kodiak is a LOT of aircraft to have in the hangar. Respectable 170+KN ground speed cruise without ever feeling strained to get there, very capable STOL, plus a lot of fun features-liveries, different exterior configurations, different interiors WITH passengers and cargo, even your co-pilot is visible and decent if you want one. Modern interior but doesn’t scream SpaceX, reverse thrust goodness and pretty much excellent modeling in every regard. If only it came with floats out of the gate…

Plus if you have something like the V1 where every lever does what it’s supposed to do in the quadrant, you find yourself looking for difficult places to fly, mastering tough runways repeatedly you start feeling like a Winair pilot. Throttle lever shaft between two fingers and index finger on the trim wheel, just like ‘they’ do it. I find it my hangar to be have the most connected feeling over time, you just KNOW what you can and should do with faced with any landing or takeoff, like you actually own one. You decide 7 miles out you want to land somewhere from cruise @ 3500’, meh no problem, way out of line of the runway, meh you’ll just scoot it right in right before touchdown, mountain dead ahead on t/o, so what.

1 Like