Can't get full throttle travel

Recently bought a Fulcrum yoke, which is a lovely bit of gear, but ever since I haven’t been able to get full throttle in any aircraft. For example on the Cessna 152 and 172 I can only get c. 2300 rpm instead of c. 2700 - the T/O power difference is noticeable, with the F18 shows max power at c. 94%.

I’m using a CH Throttle for throttle control, have recalibrated it using the CH utility and checked in-game settings including sensitivity to make sure I’m getting full travel. Nevertheless I can see in VR that the throttle does not go totally forward.

Last test I did was to remove all USB controllers and just try the keyboard using F3. Once again the throttle would not go to full travel or produce full RPM.

Any ideas because this is doing my head in? Is there a config file that could be at fault which I could regenerate?

1. Are there any duplicate mappings? Is another axis mapped to same function and also feeding its own input in which skews or inhibits the input from the axis you are using?

Unbind EVERYTHING that is mapped to that function, including keyboard and then map only 1 input. Does that change anything?

1. Which throttle axis function have you used to map the throttle?
    One of the options (0-100%?) Is actually designed to split the range for alpha/beta range and therefore 0>50% is in fact reverse thrust functions for example.

Also.

If you map any axis to the right column it duplicates that to the left column and creates 0-25% inhibit & 75-100% inhibit. Not sure if this is bug or design. I asked support via Zendesk (in February 2021 I think) and they had no idea.
So, map ALL axes only to a cell in the left of the two columns.
(Mapping buttons into the right column works as you would expect.)

Thank you very much for your reply.

I unbound everything and then tried mapping individual controls.

With the keyboard, using F3 I can get to full travel and 2400 rpm. This is really strange!
With the normal throttle 1 axis on my CH throttle, I get the base case - almost full travel and 2300 rpm
If I try the 100% option, I get less travel and 2200 rpm!

Nowhere do I get back to 2700 rpm.

Note that I’m only mapping these to the left column.

Any clues?

Thanks,

Malcolm

Have you tried recalibrating in Windows?

Check sensitivity settings too

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I’ve recalibrated the CH Throttle Quadrant using the CH software. It shows 100% travel. Note that I get the same problem with using the keyboard or moving the throttle with the mouse, neither of which requires calibration.

Thanks for the reply. Sensitivity settings for the CH throttle all show 100% travel.

Update - the throttle lever on the CH quadrant is now behaving the same as the keyboard F3 and using the mouse on the VC throttle - I can get full travel but still no more than 2400 rpm.

Check the SENSITIVITY settings. Changing the “Extreme Deadzone” % can cap the maximum setting. (2300 vs 2400 RPM)

Try resetting the settings to the default for troubleshooting.

Thanks. Tried that - did nothing.

The extreme deadzone setting was already at 0%

Ok, decided to try a clean re-install of MSFS. Same problem.

Noting however that some configuration details had been preserved, I renamed the FlightSimulator and Usercfg files. Same problem :frowning:

And did a clean install to a different drive. No improvement :frowning:

Not that this will resolve anything. but I have the same issue - it does render MSFS unusable. My set up works fine on P3D which indicates it isn’t a hardware or windows issue. Tried most suggestions but to no avail - if you do resolve please share. Thanks