Can't load the sim at all

After loading, it says a new mandatory update exist and I should update at the store.
At the store there is no update.
Catch 22.

12 Likes

The same with meā€¦

2 Likes

Same here. I donā€™t know why they have to make updating so fornicating DIFFICULT!

6 Likes

Here is what worked for me: Close the Windows store. Open the Xbox App and then close it. Then reopen the Windows store and click on ā€œget downloads and updatesā€ in the menu on the upper right. The update appears and downloads. Mine was 509 MB.

-Joe

7 Likes

I did that. Doesnā€™t work for me.
What is the xbox app? the xbox compainion app?

Anyway, I donā€™t understand why it will shut down. Load the old version, who cares? Iā€™ll update later.
Now itā€™s been dead for 3 hours.

1 Like

I have that problem too. So I canā€™t start the game because a mandatory update has to be downloaded from the Microsoft Store first. But the update is not in the store. There were 2 others and I installed them. So I know where the update should be! But FS2020 doesnā€™t work after that.
So not flying today? This is very unfortunate. Please find a solution urgently.

6 Likes

sam,e for me here and updating or reinstalling the xbox app does not work for me
Defenite a microsoft product make it as difficult as you canā€¦

4 Likes

The same with meā€¦

1 Like

same thing ā€¦ no update available, going to XBox does not work

1 Like

This product should be discontinued or sold to someone who can handle it :frowning:
I so much want this to work but itā€™s obvious theyā€™re just over theyā€™re heads.

8 Likes

Yoohoo ! I have the update after the xbox app trick. Now my download is looping on decompressing fspackages. Seriously Microsoft ā€¦ give a decent downloader.
Windows Store is a complete ā– ā– ā– ā– .
I experienced the first issues with Forza Horizon 3 and have to do some powershell commands to have the game after a week of trying.
Now Flight Simulator is having constant issues after a year.

1 Like

Downloading the xbox app worked.
Download it from the store - just search for xbox, and download the app called ā€˜xboxā€™.
Open it. Close the store. Open the store (with the xbox app open.
it will now get the update.

11 Likes

Works like a charmā€¦ updated without problems. Most issues caused by #usererror :blue_heart:

2 Likes

Same here, canā€™t update cuz store says I have all updates already. Just spent 3 days trying to figure out why I could not get more than 10 minutes play time with my new rig. Seems like MSI afterburner was causing some issues, late last night I removed MSI afterburner and was playing without crashes. Now this update fiasco this morning. MSFS is still very much a beta game. How do I get my money back for this?

Snap tried to run game goes to checking for updates , says compulsory update required opens Microsoft page no updates available all Microsoft stuff full upto date! Re start etc glad not alone on this ā– ā– ā– ā–  journey! Dont tell me itā€™s the 8th in oz and nz :thinking::disappointed_relieved:

4 Likes

Have you ever used Steam?
Maybe Iā€™m just getting too old. But the M$ Store is the worst Iā€™ve ever had to deal with!

1 Like

MANDATORY update available;
or
MANDATORY update not available?!
That is the Question!

3 Likes

Thank you O4O1762 for the concise instructions to get the update. Why MS could not put those instructions on the mandatory update notice so those without Xboxes would know to jump thru those hoops is beyond me.

1 Like

Yes. I was lucky as you are before the sim update 5. During this update the servers crashed and the update was stucked in an incorrect state. It was the beginning of a long nightmare.
Now it seems every new updates on FS are doing this crazy loop on decompressing files.
I repaired, tried a OneStore folder cleanup ā€¦ no luck.
Every time I relaunch the update the size is different (400 Mb ā€¦ 15 Gb ā€¦ ). A complete mess.

Maybe my fiber connection is the issue. I have a very good speed but I refuse to use a limiter.
Steam can handle every type of connection. But MS Store ? Yik ā€¦

Thats the problem with you folks, maybe you could read this topic before posting something. They already wrote that you donā€™t get the initial update in the storeā€¦ You need the XBOX appā€¦ OMG