Can't nose pitch trim on A310-300?

How can I make the nose pitch trim on A310-300 airplane work? Starting from parking. Manually with mouse it doesnt work and by controller mapped button it doesn’t work. It’s just stuck on same trim.

Checklist had me enable the nose pitch trim damper. Then when I do that, it turns back off automatically. Checklist says “irs must be aligned”

That requires me to press certain buttons on a small computer with physical buttons like grey metalic calculator with a green screen.
But most of the buttons I have to press on it, according to checklist, doesn’t exist. For example to/from button. Return button. So I don’t know how to align the irs.

I’m also not sure if disabled pitch trim damper is the reason my nose trim is stuck.

How can I make my nose trim work on the airbus 2 engine airplane named: A310-300?

Hello,

There’s a lot to discuss there. I’d advise you look at a tutorial on Youtube, because the A310 is not easy to start.

Back on the Trim. Trim can’t be manipulated until you have proper hydraulic pressure, which usually mean “until you have your first motor on”.

Also, Pitch Trim Damper is disabled unless the IRS are fully aligned, which mean you have to turn on the three knobs on the overhead then click on the “Align IRS” right button on the computer near the right pilot’s knee (the MCDU / FMC). As the IRS are aligned, Trim Damper will not shut off when you try to enabled it.

1 Like

Thank you so very much. I will try it asap. tytyty =)

1 Like