Cant play it on XBOX Series X...Controller acting weird!?

Hey,

i used to play the sim on my PC just fine but i have a XBOX Series X too, soo i installed it today to give it a try. But currently im not able to even get into flightmode…the controller iss acting weird…im not able to reset it, because there is no cursor and im not able to switch menues…

Im feeling realy dumb right now…nothing works currently. When trying to reset the controller im not even able to switch between the “OK” and “CANCEL” buttons!?

Help please!? :smiley:

Restart your Xbox is always a first! Also if it still doesn’t work, make sure that you have a keybind for a cursor in the controls settings in-game!

I cant even enter the settings…

1 Like

Hmm, try to plug a mouse in to try that, also restart it and while it’s off, unplug it and replug it in!

Thanks, pluggin in a mouse and resetting the controller settings worked…

But what are people without a mouse supposed to do in this case!? ■■■…

1 Like

Everyone must have a mouse lol, but this issue is extremely rare. Glad I helped!

Does the controller work now @Songano ?

Seems to be a problem with control syncing between PC and Xbox (possibly with a non-default controller profile on PC). If you’re coming from PC to an Xbox it will try to use your PC controller profile but none of the bindings will be set.

Plugging in a mouse and keyboard and setting your controller profile back to default will fix it. If you don’t have a mouse that you can plug in you might be able to delete all the profiles at which point maybe it’ll go back to the default profile.

Either way, this is a pretty unfortunate edge case.

1 Like

Yes, he did plug in a mouse and he said it worked, I’m waiting for a reply if the controller is working yet.

Thank you that work!
Deleting the profile

Haven’t had an issue when controller was used but I did tune down yoke up down and left right alot. It was way over sensitive. Sav3dvas custome profile

Live stream

I’m live on Twitch, come hang out! Twitch

Sorry, was flying around already haha

The Controller is working fine now after resetting it.

I guess Boarder2 was right…the XBOX version imported my controller settings from the PC version…

Thanks for every reply :slight_smile:

Hi Guys. I have the same problem. But furthermore when trying to change the Controller Settings to „Default“ („Standard“ in german) the game crashes instantly. Even when I try to delete the „Controller“ setting the game crashes too.
I feel a bit like on an old Windows PC…
So the only way at the moment is to use mouse and keyboard on the Xbox.

Found an new solution: after restarting the Xbox and the game I started the game with the Xbox controller turned off. In the main menu when turning the controller on a popup message told me a „new device was found and the default settings will be used“. From then on the cursor could be moved using the controller.
Perhaps this helps others with the same problem.
Good luck!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.