Can't see my friend logged in multiplayer on FS2020

Hello :grin:

I have an old and persistent problem with multiplayer.
I added a friend on FS2020, he sees me green and connected and can also invite me to a group.
On the other hand, I always see him disconnected from the network.
We checked the settings together and we both put the “displayed online” mode in the simulator.

Does anyone have the solution so that we both see each other online and that I can also add and invite him to a group ?

Thanks in advance.

Moved to Community Support as this seems more a request for assistance. The #bugs-and-issues categories are more for reporting bugs via the provided template.

he might have the privacy and online security settings on his xbox account preventing that. He could look into the deeper of such settings there via webbrowser in his xbox accountl. You can turn off all kind of things there and the it doesnt matter what you set online in a game or the xbox app.

Actually, it IS a bug, and not a request. I do a lot of large group flights, and on the world map at our starting airport I can usually only see a couple of my friends. It’s been like this since forever.

thank you
unfortunately we also checked these xbox settings on the web profile of each of us, it’s a very strange problem.
On the other hand, I have already been able to add other people that I saw online

have your friend go in xbox app and set status to appear offline then logout with his Xbox app
have a drink and a snack to kill some time
reboot system
then have him login to xbox app and set status to appear Online.

Ok thank you, I will look into it with him as soon as possible then.

You must use the same game server

Not to see each other on the world map you don’t. I can see friends on the world map if they’re on a different server. I try to join them, it will ask me to switch server first. My problem is that I can only see about 3 friends on the world map, even though I know there are a lot more online.

Have a look at JoinFS. We use itt for multiplayer and it works a treat. Reliable too.

3 Likes