Can't Start MSFS

Tried to fly this morning, I get a message to insert MSFS disk. I don’t have one, never have, bought the Sim on the Xbox Store. What to do now?

1 Like

Hi @JohnSnyderJr. Sorry to see you having difficulties. Perhaps you will find something helpful here with MSFS Support.

1 Like

This is a link to the troubleshooter for this issue:

Same thing happened for me. I followed the guide and now I can’t get the Gaming Services to install. The message reads " Try that again. Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might help."

1 Like

I have this same issue. I have tried all of the recommended solution short of unistall/reinstall with no change. In my case MSFS worked OK until I installed update 12. After that, it had CTD twice with no error message. Next starts did show a message about the previous crash and asked if I wanted to use safe mode. I declined both times and now it hangs on the disk message every time.

I was in the exact same situation.
It started 10 hours ago but when I tried to start it this morning I got an error asking me to set the disk and it wouldn’t start.
When I looked at the MSFS page in the xbox app, I saw the error “stranded” and it looked like there might be a problem, so I uninstalled the xbox app.
When I reinstalled it, I got an error that it could not be installed due to a problem on the server side, but when I tried again, the installation succeeded and when I started the xbox app, the error was gone and MSFS would also start.

Myself and many others on Avsim are having the same issue. Followed all the steps and it still ask for disc.

Same here. Since I have never had this issue before, and others experiencing the exact same problem, I will assume its a network issue. Lets hope its fixed soon…I want to fly!!!

Your method makes the most sense, because I suspected it was an authorization fail from the beginning. I removed and reinstalled the Xbox app (it took me 3 tries to get it), but it still show me as “stranded” for my MSFS. Now I have even less confidence that reinstalling MSFS will do anything but waste another 10 hours.

I, too, had this issue today. I fixed it by signing out then back into my XBox account. But now I am constantly getting a notification that my bandwidth is too low and am being switched to offline mode. My internet is fine. It always has been. The fault lies at their end. All they need to do is fix it. Now.

YES! Fully logging out from the PC appears to have corrected the issue for me. Strange the earlier 2 restarts didn’t. Thank you!

Curiously that worked for me too. Maybe it’s coincidental with them fixing the problem? Who knows, just glad i am back in the skies. Thanks for everyone’s help!

Series of weird happenings that started with loss of ATC voices and control anomalies after a less than successful attempt to use Quest 2. Tried various things to get back to previous settings and eventually ended up uninstalling and reinstalling in desperation. Solved control issues but still no ATC voices. On startup today it gets as far as telling me that my last session ended unexpectedly and offers the option of safe or normal mode but when I press either it throws me out of the game a few seconds later.