Can't steer any plane on Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

I can’t steer any aircraft. I thought that I need to assign Nose Steering button, so I did. But nothing happen. It’s impossible to steer the aircraft on the ground at low speed.

When on the runway performing take-off, it can steer but only with A LOT of power …

This is my very first topic on this forum. So, if I accidentally do any mistake, apologies.

Thank you.

In this sim, the aircraft nose wheel steering is controlled by the rudder.
Some of the advanced addons have the ability to assign the steering (independent from the rudder) to a controller’s axis.

I’m aware of that.

Everything was fine until SU9 for me.
I first notice this problem when I try to fly the F/A-18. It won’t steer whatsoever. So I checked to this forum and found out that you need to assign the nose steering.

And voila, now I can steer the F/A-18.

But . . .

When I tried to fly the A20N and MD-82, I can’t, for the life of me, steer the aircraft on the ground. I thought that it must be because of the nose steering assigned button conflict with my rudder (I use Logitech Extreme 3D Pro) so I unassign the nose steering because before I do any of that, everything was fine except the F/A -18. But, it did nothing.

Now I can’t steer the plane at all.

I appreciate that you replied to my topic. So happy to see that my topic got some attractions. :slight_smile:

The nose wheel steering is an axis not a button. So you need to assign the Nose Wheel Steering Axis to your twist Z axis, which is usually shared with your Rudder.

However, if the direction of either the rudder and the nose wheel steering is opposite one another, you’ll get conflicting issue: (rudder right, with nose wheel left = not going anywhere)

This is where the Reverse axis comes in, if one of the axis is turning in the opposite direction, just either Tick or untick the Reverse Axis box in the one that’s reversed, and you should be good to go.

Yeah… I use my Z axis on my Logitech.

I guess it’s just language barrier. :sweat_smile:

I set it up exactly the way it supposed to be.

Now, I’m gonna try to revert my Logitech profile to default, and change it to the way I used to have.

It’s just really frustrating…

Wish me luck

Did you have any luck? I have the 3D Pro too.

Has anyone been able to fix this PERMANANETLY on the Extreme 3D Pro “twist” rudder !?!?!?!?!

I can fight with it for a hour or two and somehow get it working. But the next MSFS update (or other random things) will cause it to revert to a hard right turn only. Taxiing is near impossible and coordinated flight is a huge chore. Typically it will be fixed for a month or so … then I am back to deleting and downloading of drivers again, resetting everything, etc etc … I have tried all of the suggestions I could find on the forums and none of them are more than a “band aide” fix.

Help … before I jump off a tall building !!!

I am flying the Diamond DA40. I could not steer during take-off using the TWIST “Z” axis even though I had the Rudder mapped to it.

I now have “Nosewheel Steering” and “Rudder Axis” both mapped to the TWIST “Z” axis and I can steer the plane on the ground now.

I had everything mapped properly and after an update … it was defective.

Update: As a test, I purchased a new joystick which (so far) is working perfectly for nose wheel steering. Until I have other evidence … it appears my problem was a mechanical failure, not software.