Caravan panel lighting: SW/CB knob does not turn

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.PC

Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?Store

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?No

Brief description of the issue:The panel lighting dimmer control for the LED/annnunc cannot be turned using the mouse. All others work OK. Mouse curser disappears when contol selected.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:Try to turn relevant panel lighting up or down (stuck in down position)

PC specs and/or peripheral set up of relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:SU7

It doesn’t turn but it does control the panel backlighting. I have the C208 improvement mod so not sure if that makes a difference in this case.

Thanks, your right. I just did a night flight & the panel light dimmer works. It might be something for a future update. But I can live with it OK.

Are you on Xbox, Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Steam
Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No
Brief description of the issue:
On the panel for the lights, the SW/CB Panels knob does not turn, but works (light dims up and down).
knob turned all the way to the left (knob in left position, light off):

knob turned all the way to the right (knob in left position, light on):

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Load the C208, turn on battery and turn the knob.
PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:
not relevant

confirmed, MS Store version, voting!

A couple of them been doing that for a while now. Shame they haven’t been fixed yet.

Same on Xbox

And many switches do not work; since SU6, if I remember correctly. It’s a mystery to me why no one has noticed this at Asobo (for months).

The panel lights knob on the Cessna 208 panel won’t turn when using the mouse, and the panel lights can’t be turned on using a mouse. The avionics and standby light knobs work correctly. Just the panel lights knob is broken.

Same with the C152 it seems. The knob turns when I use the Bravo though, but not the mouse in cockpit.

1 Like

Strange your talking about the two knobs below the Seperator right? They work here with the mouse, the backlight sw/cb knob doesnt move but the light gets brighter or dimmer. The Stall heat switch doesnt work at all…there are a bunch of them of yeah yaw (thats fixed in the beta) doesnt work, seat belts and no smoking switched no longer work. Just to name a few.

It seems that everytime they fix something in the 208 they break 2 or 3 more things…

1 Like

Please only post bugs that are new in this build, and tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.

Are you on Xbox, Steam or Microsoft Store version?
MS Store

No

The SW/CB knob has no animation, even though it has functionality tied to it. It appears to be “locked” static to off/low.

Rotate the SW/CB knob and observe that it does have a function, but appears static.

No

SW/CB PANELS knob no longer animates or provides aural feedback, however is still functional.

Always reproducible

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Check out the C208 Improvement mod it fixes this and a whole load more.

2 Likes

Thanks I’ll have a look at that

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

No

No animation of the SWCB Panel Lighting Knob when manupulating it with the mouse. The lights do work, but the dial doesn’t move. The dials to the left and right of this knob are animated.

Mouse over the SW/CB Panel Lighting Knob and adjust the panel lights. The lights with brighten and dim, but the dial itself doesn’t move.

I just noticed this in SU-9, but may have been from an earliler build as I don’t use this function very often.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

MODERATOR EDIT:
hello, I have the same concern plus the 2 buttons on the right of the left and right cabin lights, already reported several times, for info it worked before

bonjour, j’ai le même souci plus les 2 boutons à droite des éclairages cabine gauche et droit, déjà signalé plusieurs fois, pour info cela fonctionnait avant

1 Like

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

yes

In the grand caravan EX cockpit, the CB/SW Panels knob does work but is not animated. It does not turn.

Just turn the cockpit light knobs and check if they really turn.

1 Like

Still the same!

1 Like

And yet another example of something that could be hot-fixed. No need for a SU for such things.

1 Like