Carenado aircraft. Have you tried them?

I’m the happy owner of almost all the FSX Carenado Aircraft. My only concern with the quick release of the 182 was that it may have been a Port Over. Apart from the understandable need for a couple of Patches this wonderful Aircraft was an excellent start for Carenado. This Company’s attitude towards their Customers has always been positive.
i’ve lost track of the many times i needed assistance with problems, usually owing to lack of knowledge on my part. In each instance i received a polite, prompt response which always resolved the issue.
My problem is that with each new Carenado addition to MFS 2020 i’m going to have to persuade
‘She Who Must be Obeyed’ as to why i need to have these Aircraft in my Hanger. My Beloved will insist that we will have to go ‘Shopping’ and anyone of us with Wive’s and Daughters knows what that entails. Ouch !.. goes the Wallet.

I’ve had a few Cerenado planes with FSX. They are generally well made, and a good mid-range priced plane. They have a good balance between study level / fun, and good flight models. I usually pick them up on the sales.

1 Like

I have the Carenado C182. It’s a really nice plane. I love Cessnas, so it was like the bigger, faster version of the 172. Now that they’ve fixed all the issues in this second patch, I’m very happy with it and seriously considering getting the Mooney.

1 Like

The Mooney Ovation is hands down my favorite GA plane in the sim right now. It is at least as good as any of the Asobo GA planes.

2 Likes

Yeah, the Mooney is one of my faves, still a few bugs but it’s great to fly.

1 Like

I bought several in the past (and one, the DA40, for several sims).

Unfortunately, after years of promises to update various aircraft - including fixing bugs- without ever doing so, I vowed not to purchase Carenado / Alabeo products, and haven’t.

Search around for opinions on them and I think you’ll find this theme repeated quite a bit.

Would be great if they’ve changed.

That said, after using the trial for the first month of release, I am waiting to purchase the sim until the patches/updates catch up to what’s been expressed in the many feature / development videos and work as expected. Further, I’m hard pressed to justify (for myself) the purchase of any additional aircraft until the ones we’ve already purchased work as they should.

1 Like

Yeah, I steered clear of them on XP, but they seem to be making an effort to patch issues (so far), and the Mooney is a nice, quick GA aircraft to fly.

2 Likes

Carenado? No don’t own any of them in this sim and won’t be either. Like has already been said, they have an illustrious history of turning out eye candy with limited depth, and an even more impressive history of taking people’s money quite happily, but not so keen to fix what they sell. The old saying of ‘fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me’ springs to mind.

3 Likes

They seem to have made quite the effort with these last two, and I will certainly keep an eye out for their future offerings.

1 Like

So is the 182 good to go now? I wanted it when it first came out but held off because of the negative reviews and Carenado’s previous reputation.

The 182 works fine now. I was quite frustrated with it originally since it was so buggy. The first patch on it still left some glaring issues (like essentially non-functional AP). But they finally released the 2nd patch that now seems to have fixed it. I quite enjoy flying it since then.

Since they did such a good job on the 182 (especially after fixing the bugs), I actually bought the Mooney as well.

1 Like

As far as I am concerned it works well enough. It still has the limitations of the Asobo G1000, with the addition of the missing synthetic vision, though, so no magic fixes there.

I read somewhere that the lack of the synthetic vision was deliberate as they were basing it on an older version of the Garmin software that didn’t include it.

Personally, I wish they DID have it. I like my synthetic vision.

1 Like

Yeah, I read that too. But then I read someone else state that it is missing because of another device in the cockpit, I think, the KAP 140 autopilot? I thought it odd as the G1000 has an integrated AP.

If you search for Cessna 182 G1000 you will find most of the images show synth. vision, but a few do not.

I have the mooney, and since I bought it I haven’t flown anything else

1 Like

Does the G1000 mod enable synthetic vision on the 182?

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/release-working-title-g1000-v0-3-1-9-3-0-compatible-updated-to-v0-3-1-on-5-oct/288944

There’s a mod that greatly improves the GNS 530 which makes the Mooney a great choice. The stock MSFS 530 has “issues”.

1 Like

It does indeed, I just tested it.

On the PFD go to “SYN VIS/SYN TERR”. Initial load just shows blue, then after a few seconds the terrain loads in. Subsequent toggles are instant.

Sweet Jesus! I didn’t know that mod existed. The C182 is now perfect! Well, as perfect as the core G1000 functionality is. But this now makes the G1000 in all my aircraft look way better and adds functionality I wanted. This is as perfect as one could hope for at the moment.

3 Likes

Just remember to remove aircraft and system mods when Asobo release an update, or you may get unintended side effects.

2 Likes