Carenado C182 on Xbox Complete Failure (Other Carenado also affected in some way)

The Carenado C182 landed on Xbox with a complete failure, the Tablet doesnt work at all when using the Xbox Controller and when using a mouse only some buttons work. Static Elements doesnt work at all even when using the mouse, Aircraft states doesnt work since the done button is not clicable and the entire tablet can not be hidded at all.

I gues so much for quality control at Microsoft / Asobo who are responsible for converting it to Xbox according to Carenado. I sure hope these functions / bugs get fixed or what was the point bringing it to the Xbox specially with the mouse freezing issue on xbox where you have to rely on the controller making this a no go on the xbox.

Have not tried out the Arrow yet but it probably suffers from the same issue, the C170 from carenado also has issue with the tablet but on that one only the aicraft states cant be changed since there also the Done button doesnt work.

2 Likes

Just tested the Arrow and there also the Done button doesnt work so cant change plane states. And for some reason on the arrow it loads up with GNS 750 turned on which is a pc mod so cant be used on Xbox s it ends up looking like a defunct radio panel, you have to manually turn the mod off on the tablet for normal radio panel to show.

1 Like

thanks forr the heads up. I don’t own those plane but I could warn the people in my Xbox community about them.

The non working tablet (in regards to aircraft state and the done button) is also a problem with my C170B and Waco. That is an issue caused by SU5 and supposedly fixed by Carenado. At least they claim they sent the fixes to MS.

Guess MS put the original files up and have not yet incorporated the fixes.

On the C170B and Waco this is not much of a problem though. The aircraft loads in cold and dark state and can be started up. Once taxiing the tablet can be hidden by hiding and unhiding the yoke. The tablet doesn’t come back. The planes work fine otherwise.

So annoying but not gamebreaking while we wait for a fix. Hope that works for the other Carenados too. The only one broken as far as I know is the Mooney (which is not yet on Xbox) because of a non-functioning fuel selector switch.

Not the case for the C182 where the tabled cant even be controlled unless you have a mouse. Talking about Xbox here offcourse not PC

1 Like

Doesn’t the Xbox simulate the mouse pressing the left stick? Sorry, can’t test myself atm.

It should but like i said doesnt work for the C182, using a mouse it works using the controller it doesnt

Now lets hope these things get fixed.

That CT182T price has to be a joke. How on earth is this twice as expensive as the C170B???

I guess the Seneca not getting released was a blessing in disguise for me…

1 Like

Just installed the update for C170B. The tablet is still not working. Just cant click it away. Was so happy when I saw the update. Now i am so dissapointed. Xbox series x.

1 Like

Is there a fix to this yet? Or a work around? I can’t get the pad to dissappear and/or function. I’m on am xbox series x.

Thanks for that little tidbit on the Waco. That darn tablet bug was annoying the hell out of me. I couldn’t get it to dismiss and was only doing so by accident.

New update on carenado 182 t and 170 but :joy::joy: they try something for sure, but I don’t know what​:laughing: the sound of. 182 t just weird but that not really change, the 170 b GPS is alive!!! Wow but we lost tablet she’s here but nope don’t work at all :joy: and on the 182… The same thing for the tablet and… That’s all :joy: I appreciate they try something better than nothing but not so faaaaar! :joy::joy::joy: They made me laugh that could be a tragic moment but they made laugh that was fun​:relaxed:

Next time before I decided to buy some aircraft I have to read more posts on our forum. Bought C182 yesterday and now after reinstall the plane is fine and really fun but this tablet… I paid for everything what can I find in description in marketplace but I get some 90% for full price. Asobo and MS, please clean up this mess with aircrafts in store. Or make refund procedures for mods from marketplace.

Tablet is still not working?? What is this? It’s January 2023 and they can’t fix a tablet on the 182T (it does not open up)??

Also, AP (VS up/down) can’t be set propperly - the whole vertical part of the AP is not working as intended as well.

Not exactly what I’ve expected from a plane that is on the ingame market for a very long time tbh.

My recommendation: Don’t buy