This is EXTREMELY annoying! I purchased and downloaded the Cessna 210 (Carenado) from the MS Marketplace and it’s a very nice, if not “study level” aircraft. I wanted a small Cessna with retractable gear for FS2024 and that seemed like the best choice.
But I cannot get the mouse cursor to act like every other aircraft, where hovering over a knob turns into a curved arrow to turn the knob, instead of a Hand that you have to mouse-scroll with. I have Googled it and get answers that this is “hard coded” into the aircraft. WHY?? How can I change it? I see nothing different in my FS2024 settings.
I also think their planes are difficult to deal with.
I used their 182RG in fs2020 and it behaved normally so I am really surprised that a newer aircraft by the same (and long established) developer would not conform to the normal cursor mode.
I guess I will have to try the 2020 182RG and hope it performs as well in 2024, though the C210 is a nice plane except for that annoyance.
Just as an update.. I contacted Carenado support and they may give the option to change the cursor behavior in future updates on that aircraft. I appreciated their responsiveness.
The Carenado Piper Dakota is the same. IIRC many of the stock in-sim aircraft - like the C172 I think? - functioned like that way back around the original release of FS2024. While this might be somewhat unrealistic in terms of functionality, I must say I actually quite like it as it allows you to very quickly move the heading bug for instance. IRL you can move the heading bug quite fast with the knob but I don’t think there is a way to emulate this with the “normal” FS2024 mouse functionality? This means it can take a long time to move the bug a long way. So given that I am not sure this way of doing it is practically really less realistic than clicking and holding down a mouse button. It is just not “the way things have been done” that we are accustomed to.
All this to say, yes, an apparently unwarranted change from the norm can certainly be annoying. But as always, to each his own and I am quite OK with this “deviation”. To the point that, should Carenado offer the option to choose between the two (which I totally agree would be good), I would probably stick with the “grab and drag” method.
Understood. An “option” for either system would obviously be the best solution by any developer straying from the “norm”.
Especially for a developer who didn’t use the newer system in some past aircraft.
Wow! You actually got a reply? I had two requests for correction months ago (if not years now) and nothing. Not a peep. I even did it in English and Spainsh. Nada. For now my C210 won’t acknowlege any inputs at all via mouse or controller(s) (PC Store 2020). No other aircraft has that problem.