Carenado Cessna 182

The Carenado Cessna 182 was one of the best aircraft for MSFS. Everything operated on it perfectly. Just downloaded the latest update for this aircraft in MSFS, and they screwed a good thing up. The autopilot comes on automatically on the ground as soon as you hit FS. It’s not supposed to do that. The auto pilot no longer follows the flight plan. Throttle controls not slowing down properly. etc etc. Is there a way to turn back to the old one that worked fine?

1 Like

Seems fine on beta (1.30.11.0). Autopilot starts disabled. Pitch and heading mode works fine. Nav mode works fine with GPS. Throttle works fine. The WT G1000NXi and GNS430/530 updates are installed through the Marketplace.

I do not have the Carenado c182, but 1st thing that comes to mind, from your description, is an incompatible or bugged interaction with an unknowing installed WT GNS530, that “may” be affecting the AP ?

(Installed automatically in Official) ?

1 Like

…or a controller connected to your PC with switches in the wrong position?

1 Like

Loaded it up for a quick test flight on the weekend since it had been updated. To me, it flew fine. Didn’t experience any issues with the AP. Flew my normal test flight route (KAPF FORTL SWAGS KOPF) and all was good. Didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary.

I do wish they would improve its ground handling though. It used to be so good at one time. Then an update changed it. Since then, ground handling sucks and it’s like the center of gravity is too high and it’s way too easy to tip over.

1 Like

Tried to fly it once since update. Uncontrollable on takeoff. Afraid to try it again!

You posted the same thing on Avsim and will get the same responses here. The current version of the C182 works fine. It is an most likely an issue of yours as noted on Avsim by others just like here and not a problem with the current version of the Carenado C182 release.

1 Like

Do you by any chance have legacy flight model enabled? Because erratic behaviour like that is a definite symptom of legacy model on a plane intended for modern model.

1 Like

Set to Modern not Legacy, My cousin and brother are having the same problem. Weird for sure. Just noticed that when up in the air HDG on auto pilot is on and plane does not turn to heading. BUT !!! If I turn HDG off and back on again the planes turns to Heading.

Flying it as we speak. VS climb to 9000, following Nav. AP is working fine on my end. No control issues. I’m in the beta.

1 Like

Guy’s Thank You. I’m still working on this and I’ll figure it out eventually. Thanks Walt

Of course I have no idea which flight controls you use, but usually many problems arise when you are too lazy to create a separate control profile for each aircraft type :wink:
The T182 works great since the update…

Night flights are almost impossible because the ambient lighting within cockpit, extremely dark even with dome lights on.

The Skylane was the first payware I bought for MSFS.
I had a similar sounding problem to this in the C208, if I remember rightly, it was caused by a mod conflict with the PMS mod. I removed the type specific C208 PMS mod file, problem solved… for me.

Just flew this plane in VR and when I switched to VR the pilot eyepoint was down in between the two front seats looking at the fuel tank selector. There is something wrong with the modelling of this plane.

Well, then you must have switched to a predefined camera - I guess :wink:
Why there should be something wrong with the modelled aircraft is beyond me :wink:
Maybe you should look into it:
a) Which buttons are used to switch between the standard cameras?
b) how do I create my own camera position and how do I save it?

Just a small recommendation :wink:

Well it’s weird. I looked in my community folder and found a C182 folder with a camera file in it. I have no idea where it came from but after I deleted it the eyepoint is now normal in VR. Thanks for your help.

I have the same problem. It’s annoying to have to adjust the VR view that much. I always have to do some adjusting no matter which aircraft I’m in, but the C182 is ridiculous.