Carenado CT182T Skylane Open Window During Flight Crash

I was landing at Chicago Midaway at about 2000 feet altitude and at about 60 knots airspeed and I decided to open the pilots window. I immediately received a message that I overstressed the aircraft and crashed, ending my flight.

Yeah, anoying isn’t it. The POH says they can be open at up to 179 KIAS. 60 is somewhat below that…

2 Likes

Please report this bug to Carenado.

1 Like

How do I do that? I went to the Marketplace and could not find any contact info for the developer.

I have added their support information to this page: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/read-first-rules-for-3rd-party-addon-category/331378#3rd-party-bug-reporting.

1 Like

Thank you. I found their website on Zendesk and reported the issue to them.

1 Like

This is answered before: opening a window in flight gives the signal to MSFS that the aircraft is overstressed and falls apart

@GaseousBeatle92, thanks. Either Microsoft needs to address that, or the developer needs to make it impossible to open a window. I vote for Microsoft addressing the issue. You should be allowed to open a window during flight without the aircraft falling apart.

Don’t try it in the Seminole either. Mentioning it from a friend :slight_smile:

Copy that.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.