Carenado Mooney 1.9.3 autopilot dance

I had nav and VS enabled when I activated it, I’ll try what you suggested and see if it helps :+1:t2:

I saw on one of the other Mooney threads that someone recommended activating the autopilot before selecting any of the modes.

If you are straight and level then yes, activate it without a mode first. That is the simplest way.
I do it on climb-out so if I’m not accurate with rolling out on my heading or my VS is much different then I shake my passengers around a fair bit :slight_smile:

Bear in mind that the AP on the MSFS aircraft aren’t as smooth as the real ones, the real ones are more forgiving and comfortable. At least going by a pilot that flies with real APs similar to those in the sim. My aircraft was never fitted with one so I don’t have experience with that myself.

Thanks, I was hoping it would be a bit smoother like the TBM’s AP which works fine with nav and VS enabled. Hopefully, they’ll fix these AP issues…eventually!

The AP on the Mooney is a lot older than the TBMs so it may not be as comfortable IRL so I personally wouldn’t expect them to be the same. But yeah, I am pretty sure the Mooneys is not quite bug free!

1 Like

Waiting to see if carrnado will fix

according to Carenado, they already sent the fix to Asobo and it will arrive soon on the sim

Matarazzo12, if you’re going to wait for Carenado for a fix, you’re going to be waiting a long, long time for something that very likely will never come. Carenado’s track record in this regard speaks for itself: products released with bugs or other issues and no fixes ever provided.

I have learned my lesson at least, I will be patient and wait for reputable third part developers to release aircraft add-ons in Marketplace and steer well clear of any Carenado product in the future.

Good luck getting everything sorted.

1 Like

Lots of things wrong after patch with Mooney. Fly Mooney most of time, auto-pilot was working fine before this patch, now it rocks you to death with heading on. Visually checked Rudder trim on ground and shows it works proper, switch right, rudder goes right, same with left. In-flight I trim the rudder right the acft goes left, trim left the acft goes right. VFR map was working fine till patch, didn’t have any problems now when using the map in-flight it crashes sim. With patch flying along on auto, not touching anything it went to view the aft cockpit with my trackir. Had to manually switch views to get back to forward view. Never done that before patch. Flew in clouds with temp at 3 c with pitot heat and defrost on while climbing and getting to -2 c windshield froze up. Defrost was on prior but did not work.

1 Like

Tes, other planes having problems too. They must be working on dx12, its only good thing i can imagine after this ■■■■ update

I agree that carrnado doesnt sell good stuff. But at least on p3d and xplane they release hot fix and every plane i had from them is flyable at least. So i think they will fix something like autopilot, not something like defrost.

I see this is turning into yet another lets bash Carenado session because they don’t do study level aircraft. Sigh.

They patched the C182 in MSFS to fix its issues so clearly they are doing patches for MSFS no matter what others might say.

As almost everyone knows, Carenado do a certain level of aircraft so in that they don’t need to patch many aircraft because they work fine for that level. Even if some customers demand more for their inexpensive aircraft.

I’m sure this will be patched, it is too obviously a crappy bug.

1 Like

yep. Carenado its ok for they lvl of product. low price, low qaulity of sistems depht etc… But, as i said, always been functional planes. i’ll probably buy every ■■■■■■■ plane they release, in all sims its rare good ga aircrafts, they made a lot of.

1 Like

I can’t even find the Mooney on my list of airplanes now! I just had to re download all the other airplanes for some reason. They were all their the night of the patch, but I was having crashes suddenly so I reverified files in steam. Launched MSFS again and it downloaded 5.7Gb again, then I only play for a bit in the TBM I think and quit. Today I booted it up and realized the only available planes were the TBM and 152? Went into content manager and it seems I have to reinstall 20gb of content now. When the 20gb finished it got stuck and said 16eib (exabytes?) remaining. Luckily all the planes had still downloaded… but I still can’t find the M20 now. It is still in the official folder. Maybe I need to delete it manually then redownload? What a mess.

As mentioned before, that’s simply not true.
In fact there are few companies which are releasing patches as fast as Carenado does.

1 Like

steam bro… and plus MSFS Loader Plus Cripto Files

Carenado says they have just released an update to ASOBO…need to wait them for live.

By the way…the i have the NAV dance from the release of Mooney…it’s not from 1.9.3 patch.

The Content Manager says there is an update available. But I can’t figure out how to download said update. Any help?

1 Like

I think we found another bug, yaaaaay :man_facepalming:t2:

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Same issue. Microsoft Frustrating Simulator 2020 . Maybe we have to wait?

Yes got the same problem with the “update” wont install.