Carenado Mooney VR mouse

Anybody running any of the Carenado planes in VR? I bought the Mooney over the weekend and found that when flying in VR, the mouse cursor is in 2 different positions, one in my left eye, one in my right eye. In order to interact I have to close my right eye and only look with my left.

Annoying. Not sure if there is a hack/fix for this? It’s a similar (but much worse experience than) what’s been described with some of the AP buttons on the King Air.

5 Likes

Yes, it’s a well-noted issue that I hope is high on Carenado’s list of fixes.

Most of the planes are off on the left eye right eye deal, not sure what that stems from? This is not an issue with mouse control in other VR titles.

I don’t get it

Happens on the default King Air too

But other planes are perfect?

Leads me to believe it’s something in the plane model vs the core VR

I have found that when I get in any of the third party planes the mouse cursor in VR is correctly aligned. However as soon as I move my “seat” position (up/down/left/right) and recenter, the alignment is off. It looks to me like the VR head position and the mouse positioning does not follow each other and goes out of alignment.

VR has been out for 3 months now, doesn’t seem to be a very high priority for them. Thankfully Just Flight’s Piper Arrow is coming soon, we’ll have a real payware aircraft. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ya I’m pretty disappointed. I’ve only flown the Mooney a couple times because of this mouse issue… plus it seems to not be very well optimized, I get worse framerate with this than I do the full-glass default King Air.

Oh well. Now I know.

Not holding my breath. Hopefully some of the super responsive third party developers migrate over from x-plane. Would be great to have someone like Aerobask doing plane in MSFS.

Since the last Carenado Seminole update the issue is fixed on that plane. So there is a way to address this. Not sure why the other Carenado planes at least are not following the same “fix”.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.