Carenado PA-44 Liveries

I’d like to do a little tweaking to a PA-44 livery, but there’s no paint kit (to my knowledge). Anyone have any info on how to do this? I can edit the files in GIMP, but I don’t know how to create .json files or update the config file (if needed). Thanks!

1 Like

Since it is a encoded plane, I really recommend just editing the original textures files. YOu can use Gimp oder Paint.net. If you would try to make a seperate livery you would be stuck to the first factory lievery. Exept you would disable the factory livery for your mod.

Have been messing around with this, no knowledge of the cfg files but also having trouble replacing original liveries, my repaint ends up under original livery. Any solutions for this that you have found?

There are two LIVERY Layers. One are the factory liveries. They are baked into the model. But there is a file …_Livery_ALBDO.dds or something like this. You have to open this and then you can recolor the lines or just make them transparent. Then they dont show up anymore. you dont speak german by any chance arent you? Cause I made two tutorials on liveries. Kind Regards, JayDee

Thanks for the response, I have made the square png dds file named “LIV_ALBD.PNG” transparent but that doesn’t seem to help, it normally has four different colors. Original livery shows up as white now on top of my repaint.

followed this tutorial describing this scenario at 22:06.

From Sweden so unfortunately my knowledge of German is very limited but maybe I can figure it out if you send the tutorial my way, would be highly appreciated!

EDIT: Managed to fix it, think my save of the little square dds file was wrong somehow, format must have been messed up, not sure how lacking knowledge in DDS files. Instead copied from another livery and renamed file which already was transparent and that seems to have done the job. Issue now is the airplane identification number still showing :grin: Now have to figure that out…

I speak conversational German but might have trouble if it’s too technical. Still I’d love to see the tutorials!! Thanks!

My Guides:

Regarding Reg Number: Simpliest way is to edit the panel.cfg in the panelfolder.

You have to edit the VCockpit entries that refer to exterior and regsitrationnummber, usually the last entrys in the panel.cfg. you have to change the size to 0, 0 and the last two numbers of painting… to 0,0.

Something like this

[VPainting01]
size_mm = 0, 0
texture = $RegistrationNumber
location = exterior

painting00=Registration/Registration.html?font_color=black, 0, 0, 0, 0

Cool Thanks for tutorials and the registration number tip. Actually figured out the same just some hours ago with changing the size although I just choose to alter a model without the registration number visible instead, so kept from altering too many things :smiley:

Thanks again for the tutorials, will finally get down to actually create some liveries :+1:

1 Like

Ok, then have fun with it. Kind Regards JayDee

Hi there, I´m doing hard creating a livery for this one. Can someone who has managed it or some experience painting the Seminole explain, how to do. I have never worked with this structure before, so I struggle a little bit atm.
I just want to do a 2-colour-livery, white and brown; also I plan to stamp 3 pictures on the livery.
How can I do this? Blender? Only paint.net or s.th. else? Or do I make the pictures in the decals.png?
Perhaps somebody can help me.
Thx a lot
Stefan

They are over one year old now, but it still works like this.There are only a better tool for layout.json (linked in video 1) and a better import module in blender.