Carenado PC-12

They really did make a big announcement about this aircraft as though it were their own release and not Carenado’s.

It had a larger keyframe in the Dev Blog posting, as well.

Given the complaints here, this doesn’t feel right.

2 Likes

Thanks
Strange: never heard of that but my experience with TPs is limited.
However, I talked to a guy who actually HAS a PC-12 and he told me that theirs doesn’t accelerate on idle.

I did that. Still nowhere near the 400m. Some 900m was the best I could manage empty.

400 m is when our PC12s lift off in EDFC (so real life not the sim)

Well when she can do a take off at 400m at 400ft then the Carenado PC-12 definitely needs some tweaking. Have you tested the performance during climb and cruise compared to your PC-12s?

I have a technical question about this airplane. In a video about the Carenado PC-12 I saw this small Canadian PT-6 turbine that is driving this plane has TWO (!) generators delivering 85 ampere. This is what the electric management panel of the PC12 says.

This cannot be true… the CFM56 turbines that are powering the 737 and the Airbus A320 have a generator delivering three times x25 ampere to the transformer rectifier units per engine, and the small PT-6 turbine should drive two generators more powerful than one huge CFM56 has?

Unfortunately I cannot find specific technical details about the PC12, but the simulation of the electric systems and the ampere draw seems to be off.

FYI, the AC in the PC12 consume like 30 Amp.

If you turn on pitot heat, AC, all the lights, it can easily go up to 85 amp. (I did the test in a PC12/47E.)

In the 737, the AC come from the bleed air, the anti-ice system too.

The PC12 rely on a lot of electrical power.

1 Like

That is good! Do you know what the variable name is for the GTN XI?

Wonderful so this means the Carenado simulation is very accurate. Thanks for the detailed information :slight_smile:

Well for this part it is accurate :sweat_smile:

As in the jets, both generators have the same capacity, 300 amps.

https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media/all-news/2008/october/01/turbine-pilot-pilatus-apex

2 Likes

Using Beta range to manage taxi speed works well - but I need to calibrate my throttles with a wider reverse range.

My guess is you work for the other company…

Question about beta range (both on the ground and in the air): does this also involve manipulating the propeller control, or just the power lever?

So in the case of taxiing, and braking using beta, would you also pull the rpm all the way back? Or no?

Put the condition lever on « ground idle » and the beta range is a bit after the reverse on the power control lever :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think the attached picture explains it pretty well … I hope Carenado will fix this soon … this happened after ~40 min of flight …

Thats insane… totally unflyable

What happens if you turn off the Avionics switch?

I am with you. The Navajo and/or Chieftain are what I would really like to see, perhaps even the Cheyenne. Prefer them from Just Flight but I doubt they would come from them. Another dream would be they come from FlySimware as they did an excellent job on the C-414. A Piper version from them would be the “bees knees”.

Please can someone help me with this

The programming of the PC-12 seems to have really gone down the drain…
I just completed a 30-minute flight without a flight plan, only on sight. I noticed the following: as soon as I activated a nav point, the FPS dropped by at least 10-15 FPS and there was also a slight stutter. Nav point deactivated and everything ran normally again until landing and shutting down the aircraft, no more FPS drops and also no stuttering…

Translated with DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator (free version)