Carenado PC-12

No not at all. I shoot ILS pretty often.

The only stutters i ever got was over London when i had some free scenery mods installed.

It’s a shame, because I really want to like this airplane. It looks great and I just like the PC-12. ~280ktas cruise coupled with fantastic field performance makes it a great airplane for a lot of the places I want to fly.
I could deal with the rest of the bugs if I could at least fly an instrument approach, but unfortunately until that is fixed it’s staying in the hangar.
As far as the engine parameters, I’m not holding my breath for that to get corrected. I can count on one hand the number of turboprops I’ve tried in FS2004, FSX, and MSFS that actually behave the way they’re supposed to, and I think they required custom logic external to the simulator to make that happen.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll try the PMS50 GTN instead of the TDS and see if that works better.

1 Like

I am actually looking forward to the SWS PC-12. This is just a temporary placeholder for me since the dev shows they clearly don’t give a ■■■■.

The PC-12 for me is my perfect plane. I like short runways. Landing on a big runway is just too easy lol. Its fast enough not to waste my time. Its slow enough for site seeing. I love the power to climb. I love the sound of the turbine and the low speed thrust of the prop. Quick to start up. Quick to land and shut down. Perfect. :grinning:

7 Likes

I had trouble…a lot of trouble actually…trying to get an ILS at PHOG last night with the Premium pms750. I dont think its the software as both the tds and pms have their strengths but I think its the plane…

Yeah, I just took the TDS out of my mods folder and tried with the PMS. No dice, still getting the crazy stutter with a VOR tuned.

I will fly some intentional VOR navigation tonight and see if it drops FPS. Usually i fly GPS mode until i get in range of ILS to switch to radio nav.

After the update SU10 I’m experiencing stuttering inside the cockpit.
Anyone experienced it ?

Thanks

Flew a flight with only radio navigation. No stutters. Used the standard avionics suite.

Maybe its a conflict with the Nxi mod as well?

1 Like

I tried taking the TDS GTN out of my mods folder entirely and still had the same issue… unfortunately I don’t think that’s it.

I hear ya. I have removed everything and it still does it randomly. Now I have reinstalled everything again.
Going to be honest…I do regret buying this as of now. Thankfully I have like 2 dozen other planes I can fly.

1 Like

Takeoff and landing distances compared.

3 Likes

Excellent job which proves what we all felt from the start, thank you.
I am not an expert but should be simple enough for Carenado to tweak their aircraft’s parameters and make it right.

Roland

Thanks for the video. Very professional.

1 Like

Doing some mountain flying.

3 Likes

I’ve had no stutters or FPS with or without the PMS gtn750.

Though, I think I read somewhere that a game reinstall fixed the gauges not working. Not sure if this is true or not… Seems like a hassle for one mod.

1 Like

First Carenado purchase, I take it?

4 Likes

No, not really.
Have owned their FSX King Airs… but I know, wishful thinking

1 Like

Hi, i like the plane PC12 from Carenado, but i report that i also got several flights with battery drain, avionics dead, after a long time. I do not know if i made something wrong, i follow the check list. Apparently it needs an update, something wrong with electric power. I use the pms50 GTN750 payware.

1 Like