Carenado updates

I really makes no sense anymore to spend any money in the MSFS Marketplace.
All you get for it are products that you cannot use for long periods of time.
Even though I now play on Xbox (on PC before that), I will simply not buy anything anymore.
Once the Marketplace has the common standard of other flight sim stores, I’ll look into it again.

5 Likes

The MS Marketplace is just a website where various developers gather to sell their products. It is not the fault of the Marketplace.
It still depends on the DLC development team if they care about their airplane and develop it further, or not.

OK, point taken.
Carenado might not even have submitted an update to the Marketplace.

However, Why did Asono release an update to the game that breaks the Addons in the first place ?
It’s up to them, really to revert this.

The only party who messed up here is really Asobo.

1 Like

Thats not quite true. Most developers have a channel of communication like Facebook (IndiaFoxtecho, NextGen) or their own forum (Aerosoft, Just Flight) or website (FlyingIron). Some also post on Discord (BigRadials) here in the Forum.
Carenado have their own website but don’t post anything there about updates.

1 Like

I think this is not possible for addons on the Marketplace because they are encrypted?

2 Likes

As a reviewer that is in direct contact with Carenado I know that they have submitted the fixed files to Microsoft / Asobo and it’s now just waiting for Asobo / Microsoft to update them in the Marketplace.

9 Likes

Considering the number of devs that are already waiting for SU5 fixes to be made available this always seemed the most likely reason.

As far as I can tell the ONLY plane that has had a Marketplace fix released so far is the CRJ.

1 Like

have a read of this

1 Like

Exactly what I been saying, Asobo / Microsoft is seriously behind with updates, they need to step up a pace or give the developers direct control to update their products. I have heard the same from others that have send in their updates and products have still not been updated while they had fixed packages in their hands for 4 weeks already.

2 Likes

I really felt Carenado is getting sloppy with MSFS. They have been pushing out a number of planes but with so little enthusiasm. No communications on projects or updates either. They charged wayyyyy too much on the first models that are just more of the old same. Flight model isn’t great, they’re buggy and expensive.

Overall, for me they really need to up their game before I’m buying there again.

It’s pretty shocking that despite resolving last week the “technical” issues that were preventing updates being sent to the marketplace we are still waiting for anything to be released (apart from the CRJ).

1 Like

Exactly, I sure hope they drop all the updates this week.

Carenado are notorious for their lack of support and bad communication with customers since FSX days. I thought they might change with MSFS and I hope they are currently working on updates for their planes. I bought the Seneca because I was looking for a six pack classic twin. Its is actually a nice aircraft (Havent flown the real one though) but still has some bugs and it feels like nobody is on the other side to complain for it.
In P3D/FSX the community created mods and fixes for their planes. I am not sure how much freedom we have to do it in MSFS.

Unfortunately since they only release though the marketplace, the files are encrypted. That’s why we have seen no community enhancements yet other than liveries

Why is a developer responsible for 3rd parties to work on their platform?
See MSFS as a PaaS (Platform as a Service). Asobo releases a platform open for others to add their content in (third parties). It’s up to the third parties who choose to release on the platform to make sure their content works and keep working.

If asobo is responsible to make sure third party content keeps working, we would have the situation where they would have released the platform and never update it anymore. I don’t think that’s what anyone wants

1 Like

This post should go on the Carenado Support. This is not the place for it as MS/ASOBO is not resposible for them and Carenado is not monitoring here.

THIS! And only this! Avoid the inacceptable slow Marketplace and buy direct from the devs! I do that and i already have the updates installed. Waiting weeks till the Marketplace team gets their stuff together is totally unacceptable. Support the devs, save yoursefl some struggles and buy direct!

3 Likes

Well put it this way: Why should Carenado be responsible to update a plane that was working well and was broken by an update of the Sim itself.

As long as they did not promise the plane to work for new updates of the Sim, they sold a working product. Consumers cannot opt out of updating the Sim to keep using the third party products they bought for an earlier version of the sim ? Well that’s not on Carenado either.

They might have an interest to update it now to be able to sell more of it, but they don’t have a responsibility to update a product that was broken by MSFS being updated.

The cause of the pkanes not functioning well anymore was not an update Carenado made to the plane. It was an update to MSFS.

2 Likes

I’m wondering about that, who will pay 3rd party devs this extra unplanned development time to fix what MS/Asobo broke?
Can they invoice Asobo in this case?

But you have to care about the differences between developers, because how many products or updates each developer has, is very relevant. Aerosoft only has one single aircraft, Carenado seven. The reason why it’s relevant is because MS/Asobo can process only one product from the developer at a time, before moving to the next one.

They are responisble, as Long as they are still selling the unpatched Produkts …

2 Likes