Carenado updates

On July 27 Microsoft released SU5. On July 28th PMDG released an update for the DC-6. On July 31st PMDG released another update for the DC-6. And on August 6 PMDG pushed another update for the DC-6.
Aerosoft on Saturday last week released an update for the CRJ.

On July 28th Carenado stated on FB This new version of the simulator makes certain parts of our planes not work as they should.

It’s now August 17… 20 days later… Nothing but Crickets chirping. Either Microsoft or Carenado or both owe us an explanation on why we have to wait 20 days for an update. Why should we pay significant amounts of money for a product and it sits broken for so long.
This really is not good enough. If other companies can push updates out in less than 10 days then why can’t Carenado?
Moderators. Please do not close this topic. My complaint is legitimate. I have probable cause to ask for an answer. I do not want opinions from other users on Carenados or Microsoft’s behalf.

33 Likes

PMDG and Aerosoft have only released a single aircraft, Carenado seven!
(Do ILS approaches reliable work now with the CRJ?)

You understand the reason for the ‘delay’?

3 Likes

I’m not interested in debating the differences between developer’s. I made this clear in my post(You can’t read). I want answers from the Developer and Microsoft.

7 Likes

I can read. You don’t comprehend. Btw. neither MS nor Carendo will respond.

7 Likes

Drat. I was hoping this announced updates for the Carenado fleet.

For the record, the C182T seems to work as it should. There are a couple of glitches, but IMHO those are non-essential. It handles the NXi improvement just fine. I’ve flown it more post-patch than I ever have. It’s the NXi that makes this aircraft so much more fun to fly, and it sure lands nicely! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Forget it.

A refund for an aircraft which you are using since almost a year like e.g. the Mooney? Seriously?

If Carenado fixes the SU5 issues, be prepared that the same will happen after SU6 and SU7 etc. etc.

1 Like

I’v submitted a ticket for Carenado regarding SU5, this is their answer:

Greetings,
The last simulator update caused this issues, we’re working to solve this ASAP.
Regards

3 Likes

Translating for PZL104: “NO SOUP FOR YOU.”

2 Likes

All I can say is I’ve learned to realise over the last 15 years that flight sims are in a unique position and you have to accept it or walk away.

I don’t know of any other genre of game where nearly ALL content is third party and almost 100% unregulated from the base game. You are at the complete mercy of companies who will just walk away from a ‘DLC’ at any time, release something that doesn’t work and never fix it or take half a year to keep up with updates.

When I say we are in a unique position I mean we are in a unique position to be f*cked over. A lot of third party devs do the right thing, care for the consumer and hold themselves to some standards - a lot of them don’t or find themselves somewhere in the middle.

Is this an acceptable situation? I don’t think so, but here I am 15 years later still taking that gamble or waiting for my content to be fixed. It just seems to be the way it is and like I said before, I’ve never found any other genre of game where this is so normalised. That’s not to say people shouldn’t complain in hopes of transcending this strange setup, but that I’ve just got used to it like so many others over the years.

7 Likes

I’m quite sure Carenado will release updates eventually. If you cannot wait after an SU you probably should not buy their aircraft anymore. As much as I want their Seminole I didn’t get it because I knew about their update policy from P3D.

1 Like

What policy?

They did update aircraft in P3D but if they did it mostly was just one update to fix the most needed flaws. Many aircraft did not get needed updates at all.

1 Like

Can’t confirm the one-patch-only policy.
The Seminole was one of their best and almost bug free releases which required only a single patch AFAIR.

Just checked their latest P3D aircraft. 560XLs 2 patches, Brasilia 3 patches.

Nice that you are satisfied.

PMDG and Aerosoft have only released a single aircraft (as PZL104 say)… and only on PC.
Carenado have more aircraft and update them for Xbox at the same time.

I think they should at least temporarily stop selling planes in a currently broken state and bring them back into the in game store, when they are fixed.

Just my two cents …

7 Likes

Thats true but Carenado don’t use much custom code and mostly use the same systems for their planes. They are very similar aircraft. I’m quite sure the Arrow, Mooney, Seminole and Seneca can be fixed with similar means.

So the questions are:

• are Carenado just lazy or indifferent?
  • did they fix it already but the Marketpkace takes too long with the updates?
  • do Carenado know about some changes with the WU6 update and are holding out because they don’t want to do the work twice?

We’ll never know because Carenado don’t communicate with customers

6 Likes

Sadly I’ve bought my last Carenado plane.

The complete lack of support for planes that lack the complexity of efforts from PMDG and just flight just isn’t really acceptable to me. I don’t care that they’ve released 7 planes, that is their problem. If they can’t support them all promptly, don’t make them.

8 Likes

Indeed the duration of the marketplace update is also a parameter to be taken into account as Carenado release only on marketplace

Development teams never do this and participate in a forum as a private person, that´s why there will no statement being posted here.
And development teams only do what they are getting told to program and develop - some CEO does not care about graphics glitches and/or bugs found by some random users a few months or even years after the release of a product, and he will not let his team fix some old stuff no longer important for sale numbers and stocks.

What is really strange that no modder has fixed for example this (most obvious) issue with the tank selector switch yet.
One can ALWAYS rely on modders :wink: because modders are gamers and gamers care about their software because it´s their hobby.

But in flight simulators the situation is a bit different, this sim will be here for the next ten years or so, and when a developer begins gaining a bad reputation and considering the products as abandonware the sales of future products will drop.

That´s why the old videogame bugfixing agenda “what is older than two months is already abandonware and no longer cared about and supported” does not count here, but solid reputation and being known for quality is more important about future sale numbers.