Carenado WYMF5- Handling issues

Just downloaded this aircraft from the Market. When I try and take off, as soon as the tail wheel lifts off the ground I immediately turn to the left and can’t get back on coarse. I checked the rudder peddles in settings and that seems to be ok. Not sure what is causing this. Any Ideas? Walt

1 Like

This plane is defective, looks at the adjustment of the center of gravity it is out of range, ashamed to sell a product that bug…

6 Likes

Yeah that’s pretty annoying and surely will be fixed soon. The good thing is: the problem is only on the ground. As soon as you’re airborne it flies like a charm.

4 Likes

Adding 75 lbs to aft baggage, holding back pressure on the takeoff roll, and CTRL G to lock the tailwheel helps. But yes, It is a wee bit squirrely on takeoff. That is not official aviation terminology but you get my drift.

2 Likes

Well oddly enough they quote on their product page the thing was tested by real pilots thatve flown the bird

Its def shocking at first but keeping the stick back on throttle up and giving a bit of right rudder upon tail lift helps a bit…
Im more irritated by landing personally
I can hold the thing til stall horn and once i touch earth it yeets to the right or left

3 Likes

Setting the elevator trim to full “nose up” and locking the tailwheel helps a lot with the squirrely behavior on takeoff.

2 Likes

Keep pulling the stick back when taking off and landing, helps a lot! This one has character and needs some training to get used to.

Please do not create topics for third-party aircraft in the ‘Default Aircraft’ category.

Your post has been moved to #third-party-addon-discussion:aircraft

I have figured out the handling and am taking off and landing pretty straight actually. It takes a bit of a dance. Anyway, my problem is I am flying VOR fairly seriously and can only adjust heading knobs in 5 degree increments. If someone could help me with that, this would be my favorite plane in the sim. I did search, and found some things that didn’t help, and I did play around with all the settings within msfs, so fingers crossed, someone can make this thing function in 1 degree increments. haahah…beautiful airplane, and for Carenado, I actually am ok with the flight model. And the engine sounds nice honestly… May be the best $15 I have ever spent on an airplane and I have been flight simming since 1979…

2 Likes

How on earth do i bring up the tablet again?

I spear to have stuck it on cold and dead start… And now I can’t change…

1 Like

• Realistic flight dynamics compared to the real airplane.
  • Realistic weight and balance.
  • Tested by several pilots for maximum accuracy.

Sorry – welcome to the REAL WORLD — Do NOT believe everything you read … especially when its advertising or promoting a product !!!..

Also, how many RW WYMF5 pilots do you happen to know of ?

2 Likes

Bought the WACO last night and considered getting a refund right away. I thought Carenado was suppose to be a top shelf developer.
This thing is an embarrassment to Fs2020.
All the complaints listed are spot on.

1 Like

Click on the top of the flightstick. :wink:

4 Likes

Thanks Finnro.
I flew the Waco for a few hours today and I am getting a little better at the ground handling. I assume the tail wheel lock in the cockpit does not work . I set a button on my Hotas to toggle it but with no indicator as to its position it is still not the greatest. I am looking around on youtube for a real world tutorial video on takeoff procedures.

Assuming you can read the overhead compass

Why is it care nada add-ons are actually a disappointment?

Because they tend to look better than they “fly” perhaps.

I wanted a refund too, I don’t think they offer one! Oh well, I hope they update it… it is unusable in my opinion.

1 Like

Steam offers a 48 hour refund policy.
I just got done watching a few Waco videos on YT.
I am going to keep the add on.
I am sure they will fix the ground handling issue.
I fly in VR and a 6dof motion simulator and a FFB yoke.
The immersion factor is very good.
I do favor open cockpit planes and the waco is a classic.

4 Likes

I am keeping it too. Not too expensive… make sure you submit a ticket on Carenado!

1 Like