Carenado's updates

I really like Carenado’s planes, but they are extremely sloppy when it comes to updates.
I think the new tablets are cool, but what good are they if you can’t use them on half of their planes! I own all 8 planes that have been released and now I have to leave half of them in the hangar again.

So dear Carenado people: don’t ruin your good reputation with such trivialities that are starting to annoy users like me.

:wink: :sunglasses:

Translated with DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator (free version)

4 Likes

New tablets?

The tablets have been includes for quite sometime now but are a bit tricky to click on the boxes.

Using TrackIR I pause it on the tablet and makes life easier.

Some can only be checked at certain stages. Can’t show pilot when ground effects are on as pilot would be outside etc.

It is a bit of an issue, but there are so many other aircraft to fly during the weeks (months?) when the bunch from Carenado do not work correctly.

In fairness, they have never before had to deal with such a dynamic “moving target” as Sim Updates. It must have all third party developers scrambling when an update is pushed out.

1 Like

Are these updates available on the in game marketplace yet or just from Carenado?
Asking as a marketplace Carenado owner!

In sim, go to content manager to update your Carenado planes.
Carenado planes are marketplace only.

-eelis-

2 Likes

Thank you, I didn’t know that. I wish there were in game notifications when there are updates available. Will check the CM tonight.

1 Like

Guys, do you really think I don’t know that tablets have been around for a long time? They are just in a new place and I like where they are now. But if you can’t click them out of the side pocket on half the planes, they’re of no use at all.
And that annoys me that you can’t switch to the 750 etc…

The GTN750 is fully functional in all my Carenado planes:

(The Skymaster has not been updated today, and I don´t own the Seminole yet.)

GTN750 is available on the aircraft I have M20R, PA44 Seminole, PA34 Seneca. Go to the options tablet and page through it. You do have to have the GTN750 mod installed in community, but you just enable it in the tablet (see pic below). Beautiful new cockpit night lighting now though. :+1:
This is the PA34 Seneca, but all 3 I have look great now. Similar changes have been done to them all.

In which airplanes do the tablets not work for you? I’ll try myself, if it will help. I’ve tried several models I own and the tablet worked.

Thanx for the thread - I’ve got all but one of their models and I didn’t even know these tablets existed until now! I hope they work in VR.

Ok guys, I have now checked all 7 aircraft again (337 I don’t have to)
There are single liveries (originals from Carenado) where you can’t click the tablet!!!
Apparently not all have been checked:
as an example: PA44 the last selectable livery (the red one) I almost always fly, there the tablet does not open.

I don’t need the instructions about 750 or anything else, there are apparently a few original liveries where the tablet doesn’t work. I haven’t checked them all, but the liveries that are always listed first should all work.

:wink: :sunglasses:

Translated with DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator (free version)

2 Likes

At the C182T I can’t open the tablet. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Flying the 182T now and it’s working just fine.

I had to click on it kind of near the top. The cursor turns to a hand.

only 50% correct!!!

To Carenado

C182T:
G-ANRW and N2250R - Tablet works
N5996K and N2963N - Tablet does not work!!!

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Just checked the Seminole red livery and you are correct the tablet won’t come out. The hand appears as the cursor but nothing happens. Looks like a bug.

1 Like

They don’t read or interact on these forums. If you have an issue you want to draw their attention to, start a support ticket on their site.

It is there, but, man, is it subtle.

I could only see it by switching to external view double quick after engaging the starter. Position your camera to the side/front to see it under the nose of the aircraft.

Here is another important update *g if you want a clean and good-looking interior:

1 Like