Caught in update loop

So, I’m at 190/221 of the download.

• It downloads the multiple files attached with fs-base-0.1.206.fspatch
  • Decompresses them
  • Starts the process of downloading the collection of fs-base-0.1.206.fspatch files again
  • Repeat ad infinitum

Anyone know how to fix this latest wonderful hidden gem of a surprise?

Pausing / stopping / restarting the sim doesn’t fix it. It just keeps on doing the same thing.

3 Likes

Same thing here.

Shut down the sim, then open the Official folder. Delete anything that’s not a folder - those will be the compressed files. Restart the sim and hope for the best. I’ve had updates with 4-5 looping events. The required download can fluctuate when this happens too.

Edit: Sorry Crunchy - didn’t see who was posting. Just replied with my knee-jerk looping solution. Keep at it. It should eventually get there. I’m waiting at least until tomorrow, if not Saturday. Hopefully the (slightly) lower server traffic will help.

1 Like

I already know to do that. I’ve had this working in the past, but it’s not working this time. That’s why I’m asking here for help.

Yeah, this is getting annoying. Still can’t get past that loop. :confused:

I managed to complete the update!
I deleted all the files on fs-base folder (C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore\fs-base), restarted the sim and it managed to download and decompress the files. I hope it helps you

Thanks for the suggestion. I just beat you to it though. Deleted all my fs-base folders. So now it’s a 70GB download. I’m now 24GB into the download now. We’ll see if that works for me.

I also have a loop download problem
Open cmd as administrator
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
Rest computer
RTSS lock at 10 fps
It got repaired

Thanks. I’ll see if this first solution works or not first. Still downloading. Now at 50/70.5 GB. If it fails, that’s my next option, I guess.

1 Like

Didn’t work unfortunately. I did that last update when I was caught in a loop and it fixed it. Not this time.

Just tried this. No dice. Still stuck in the fs-base-0.1.206.fspatch loop

Had this too. Once it gets stuck, just close the sim and delete the package files from the official folder. It sucked but I got through it after about 8 restarts.

Glad I saw this. Reminded me to turn off Avast before I start–that was the cause of the update loop I encountered with SU6.

Thanks for that tip. I’m using Avast. Just disabled and trying again…

That didn’t help either, it would seem. Still caught in the loop. :confused:

98% completed, then it gets stuck in some loop with like 5 files to go. I have been screwing around with this since 10AM US EST and here it is 8PM US EST and still not done. For a 30GB update. If this does not work, I have had this ■■■■ distribution method up to my nose, I will delete the whole thing, and never download this thing again. I got FSX and X-Plane to entertain me, and then will not have to spend the money on new hub or monitor because I won’t need them. I have said from beginning, they could not have come up with a more screwed up distribution method if they had really worked at it. Normally I DO NOT HAVE ISSUES, today is just a mess.

Performed the recommended delete as above. NOW, it’s say it’s got 9GB to download, and it’s proceeding which really means about 12 midnight when done. IF IT"S SUCCESSFUL. Like I said, it works this time, or done, I have been putting up with one issue after another since this thing came out, and my patience has been reached. Reading a good book is way less stressful, and almost as entertaining. Will advise on success or failure. And I was just getting used to the C-17 freeware plane and how it flies. Oh well, got one in each of the others.

JD4 - My connection speed is 15.8MBTS, it not nice to gloat.

1 Like

Exactly the same for me. Right at the end of the update, 98% complete, and that happened. Been trying over and over again, different stuff, etc. No dice.

And there’s zero support available to us to help out. Zendesk will send you to a canned response with a bunch of ■■■■ that doesn’t work, and it will be forgotten there.

3 Likes

It took me 1h30m to do the complete SU7 and content manager updates.
Flying right now so far so good.

1 Like

Am I missing the point of this post other than to just announce that you’re not having a problem?

1 Like

Because most issues are user error.

1 Like

Really frustrating, stuck decompressing some tutorial file for about an hour now. Should I restart the machine? How do you get this download to progress?