CDI, Glideslope and localizer missing from G1000 on IFR tutorials

Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Microsoft Store

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
Not in developer mode

Brief description of the issue:
CDI, localizer and glideslope indicator not appearing on the G1000 in the IFR tutorials… For example, in the tutorial for ILS approaches, virtual instructor says, here come the localizer, or here comes the glideslope, but they aren’t there so I can’t complete the tutorial other than a visual approach.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Simply launching the tutorial

PC specs and/or peripheral set up of relevant:

New PC build:
AMD Ryzen 5 5600x
GTX 3070ti
32GB DDR4 3600 RAM
ASUS TUF Gaming x570 Pro (wifi) motherboard
Windows 11
all updates for hardware and software current

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:
version 1.21.13.0

I wonder if its a graphics setting? If so, here are some screenshots of my settings. Open to suggestions for best performance.

Are you using the stock G1000 or the NXi? FSAcademy wrote and tested these courses using the stock sim Garmin.

Stock. Wondering of they are invisible due to a resolution/refresh rate combination or something to that effect. Or could I have had a corrupted install? I see some other posts about the same thing but with other aircraft. They pointed out that in autopilot it would intercept and fly the approach but the glideslope diamond and localizer were not visible. Not within the tutorials, obviously.

did you ever find a solution, i’'m havign the same problem in that tutorial where none of the ils glideslope or localizer shows up

1 Like