Cessna 172 autopilot trim disconnect button?

Hello! I have Honeycomb Alpha yoke and I’m trying to assign the button on the screen below to the same button on the actual physical yoke. The problem is that I can’t find it in the Controls Options. Can anyone help?

Control Options > Switch from “ASSIGNED” to “ALL” or “NEW” > Go to Autopilot Tab > Scroll to “Toggle AP Disconnection” > Click the empty box > Click “Assign Input > Click desired button > Click “Validate (NOTE: After this step, it may ask you to create a new profile, enter the name of the profile you desire, then click OK) > Click “Apply and Save” > Enjoy!

2 Likes

Moved to #self-service:aircraft-systems

Hi! Thanks for the reply. But there is no Toggle AP Disconnection in the Controls menu

1 Like

Sorry! It will be “Toggle Disengage Autopilot”

2 Likes

Thanks. It seems to work, as I hear beep. But the button on the yoke in the game stays still. It can be pressed down with the mouse, I mean I can see the button being animated when I click on it. Is it a known bug?

1 Like

I suppose there is something wrong. I do not hear beep when I click with the cursor to this red button in the cockpit. However I always hear that beep sound when I press the assigned “Toggle AP Disconnection” button. Seems like these buttons are different in terms of their function.

1 Like

I got it.Here is what POH says:

AUTOPILOT DISCONNECT (A/P DISC/TRIM INT) SWITCH When depressed, will disengage the autopilot and interrupt Manual Electric Trim (MET) power.

The button doesn’t work in the game in a correct way. A custom key can not be assigned to it. Will report a bug. I mean you can assign “Disengage autopilot” but it supposed to be a little more than that. The button should also stop ‘Manual Electric Trim’ (MET) from functioning. In case of malfunction the MET can be switched off and the analog trim wheel can be used instead.

2 Likes