Cessna 172 Classic

Please could we have this one back.
Thank You.

9 Likes

this is included in the game - PremiumEdition

1 Like

Sadly not.
The provided Classic has a Garmin 530 / 430 and no DME. The Garmin is a work-in-progress.

7 Likes

Agreed. I can’t uncouple the 530 from the 430. I want to use gps on 530:while tracking a Vor ( vloc) on the 430. But when I select gps on one if them the other switches as well

3 Likes

I own FSX Professional Edition and FS2020 Premium. In FSX i loved to fly much VFR and to do VOR to VOR navigation using VORs, DMEs and used the autopilot only for height or heading.

In FS2020 i am not able to do this wit the Cesna 172 like i did in FSX. Garmin 530/430 are totaly useless here and the autopilot does function in another way. It is not possible to select an altitude and let the autopilot decrease or increase to that altitude. In FSX this was very easy. Unfortunately FS2020 has neither a tutorial nor an instruction how to use the new autopilot or the Garmin 530/430. (OK, for Garmin 1000 this is also missing…)

I also did not found the possibility to switch between NAV1 and NAV2 like i did in FSX.

1 Like

No idea how many of us yearn for a simple 172 but my guess is that we’ll need to wait for A2A because I’ve yet to see any real evidence from MS that they really care too much about the SOP simmers.

2 Likes

Such a bummer it wasn’t included in the game.
Hopefully we’ll get one in the future

1 Like

upvote, same problem here. Deluxe aircraft worse than standard. Good job asobo

4 Likes

I know it is in the deluxe pack, but that is the only plane in that pack I need. I would pay a few bucks to get it stand-alone. I don’t need a bunch of jets when I only fly GA. (Say, I’ll trade you the jets I got in the base pack for that classic 172! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yea I’d love to have the old early 2000’s NAV-II with the KLN-89B (or even the oooofancy KLN-94!)

I wish you could reconfigure installed avionics, but yea just a solid 2000 172 SP NAV-II would be nice.

3 Likes

I’m sure someone will sell you one for $40 sometime soon. TBH - I thought that this was the one we were getting… hohum.

If we could have a DME in the steam gauge Cessna 172 that would be great. I like old style navigation for the training benefit and the challenge.

3 Likes

Still clutching my $40, waiting for someone to sell me that old school 172!

1 Like

I also wish for a “classic 172” and I just voted above!

Working Title are updating the GNS 530 and 430 so I expect the C172 Classic that’s included with premium version will get a lot better in the not too distant future. not sure when but I’m 98% sure it will.