Cessna 172 included with Deluxe and Premium editions question

What kind of avionics is it equipped with? Regular steam gauges?

The Deluxe and Premium Cessna 172 has steam gauges.

1 Like

What’s the difference?

The standard one has G1000, the Deluxe one has regular avionics.

1 Like

Thank you gentlemen.

1 Like

Anyone know the model numbers of the Garmin equipment stack next to the steam gauges?

OK, knew that. It seems that my theory of it being related to the steam age - in other words, old technology just failed. So then, what’s a “steam gauge?”.

Probably GNS530 for the large one and if there’s a small one, GNS430. :small_airplane: :smiley_cat:

It’s just what people call analog instruments. :small_airplane: :smile_cat:

1 Like

1 Like

In which case these two links may prove useful:

2 Likes

Thanks so much!

Back in the days of early aviation, gyros were powered by vacuum. You could get that from tapping the intake manifold, but that could cause engine performance issues if there’s a leak, and if your engine failed, you’d have no gyros to help in an emergency landing. A vacuum pump would take away precious horsepower, and again, it would fail if the engine died. The most reliable solution was (and still is on some planes) to use a venturi on the exterior where the wind could get you all the vacuum you could ever want. The only downside is that you have to be moving before the gyros would work. So you get airborne, trim straight and level for a minute, “cage” the attitude gyro and set any other directional units. Once that was all set, you go on with the rest of the flight. If you’re ever walking around a vintage plane and see what looks a little like a big-rig truck’s air horn, that’s the venturi that provides the system vacuum.

3 Likes

Hello,
I’m french and i have FS2020 Standard Edition. Do you know how can i get the C172 from Deluxe edition (With analog instruments) without upgrading to FS2020 Deluxe edition ?

I didn’t find this aircraft in the Microsoft Store or any website…

Thank’s for your help.

1 Like

You can’t. You have to upgrade to the higher edition in order to get it.

Ok thank’s
it confirms what I thought

All ten planes in the Deluxe and Premium editions are coded so that they can’t be shared.