Cessna 172 Measure needed

Hi All,
does anyone know what’s the distance between the glareshield and the start of the window frame as per the picture?

Many Thanks
Nic

When importing the planes model into blender as you would to paint a livery, it gives the model accessible in blender with the same dimensions as in game, these are slightly different than the IRL measurements (I found that out making an identical vr home cockpit and everything with the real dimensions were just slightly off) here is the results from using the measurement tool but if no one else responds at least it gives you a rough indication of the distance.

2 Likes

This is fantastic, if I didn’t get a reply, I would have gone with 18cm just by eye-balling. Thank You so much for this, I really appreciate it.

1 Like

Let me know if you need anything else, its mostly fully intact except all of the bezels for the gauges are blank as they’re drawn on afterwards separately.

In addition to this, you can select all in blender, then CNTL-S to scale the model. I have found the Asobo models to be slightly small and the Carnando models to be slightly larger than IRL. Each by about 9%. I determined this by measuring a known component (the GNS530) width. Then changing the scale to match the IRL measurement. The IRL 182RG is scaled by .915 (91.5%), which is within .010" of the actual width of the GNS530.