Cessna 172 non glass question!

Hi folks,

Probably a daft question but I’ll ask.

I have the premium deluxe edition of flight sim which has various Cessna 172 models. There’s the G1000 versions which I assume are the glass panel cockpits. Then there’s the non G1000 models which I assume are the non glass panel cockpits.

Problem is, even the non G1000 models have some glass in them!

Is there a way to switch the glass off and just make it like the Cessna 152 which has no glass at all? I find the glass distracting and just love the simplicity of the 152 cockpit!

I’ve definitely got the premium deluxe version installed. It shows on content manager, I’ve got all the extra imports and planes from it too. I have also done several full delete / reinstalls of the sim too.

Pic attached of what all my 172 non G1000 cockpits look like.

Kind regards

Dave

Yes, rotate the “C” button (pwr VOL) all the way to the left (counterclockwise) in each of the two units.

1 Like

I don’t think he’s just asking how to turn the avionics off, he wants them to disappear.

Could be, but he didn’t ask to remove them, he said

Moved to Community Help Center, Aircraft Systems.

Hi folks,

Just to be clear, I want to remove them completely so it’s steam gauge only like the Cessna 152.

Kind regards

D

Given the C172 Steam is a DLC plane I don’t think there is much room to mod / edit it.

Not possible with the 172. If you want a complete non-glass check out the 152

1 Like

Thanks folks, that answers my question. I’ll check out the 172 DLC see if it looks good enough to purchase or just keep flying the 152 :slight_smile:

Kind regards

D

I hear this from time to time. Usually folks want the basis of a traditional steam gauge panel in lieu of the G1000 equipped aircraft. I fly with Air Manager and have G1000 and steam gauge cockpits for those aircraft that have been around long enough to have seen both types across their real world life. As part of this I can select whatever instrument combinations I choose including the radio stack. I have steam panels for the C172 & C208 and I’m just finishing up the conversion from Xplane for my Baron and likely next up will be the Bonanza. I personally like the glass but it’s sometimes nice to go old school and just have the basic Nav/com’s, adf etc.

Maybe one day a developer will take the risk, and create a payware 172, with a range of different cockpit options.

I’d buy it in a heartbeat, as long as it was “study level”. :slight_smile:

I have the basic MSFS via Game Pass subscription (not a perpetual license). But I want the Citation Longitude included with “MSFS Premium”. However, the description of Premium says it has the C172 GNS430 … instead of G1000 (I prefer the C172 with G1000)…

If you have “Premium”, are you able to choose between both C172 models - with G1000 glass or with GNS430?

The C172 G1000 comes with the basic package so you get that regardless of what deluxe or premium add on you also choose.

OK, so I can choose which version of the C172 when I fly - G1000 or GNS430? That’s great.