Cessna 208 fuel issue

It runs out of fuel at 37 gallons left. tested with boost pump on and off. makes no difference

It worked fine for me. I ran it down almost to fumes and had no issue thankfully. I was waiting for it to die as I came into the airport, but it didn’t. I believe it was at 6% left and you never know if it’s all usable.

This was the standard passenger version.

did you have cargo or empty?

Empty other than the weight of pilot+copilot as far as I remember. I was flying in the Himalayas and got nearly 500 miles out of it I think. It was 4.1 hrs, I remember that, because I had to send a bug to Carenado because the Hobbs meter said .41 hrs :slight_smile:

Are you using a modded 208? If so, update it and see if that fixes it or remove it and see how the stock aircraft goes (which is fine in my recent experience).

no mod, default msfs 2020 caravan

Did you test with your community folder empty or safe mode ? (Are you using PC or XBox ?)
Also is your issue happens during a free flight or a discovery/challenge flight ?
Could you provide some screenshots ?

Hi @JakeSeattleX19
I’m just going to throw this out for consideration…
The unusable fuel in the 208 is ~2.8 gallons per tank, or ~5.6 gallons total. Roughly 37.6 pounds of fuel for the 208…
Are you sure you’ve only got 37 gallons, or 37 pounds of fuel left?
Regards

2 Likes

That is my answer then, 37lbs

1 Like