Cessna Citation Longitude aka The Most Broken Aircraft On Xbox

Also something to note is the trim by default is to low. You should trim up to .5 before takeoff.

Even 140kts is pretty slow for the approach on the MSFS Longtitude.
The V speeds are way off IMO.
The Longitude doesn’t have slats, hence the pitch attitude during the approach is flat IRL.

I have the manual for the aircraft I will double check.

To be more precise, the calculated speeds might match the RW performance data, but the FDM is wrong and requires significantly higher speeds.

VR (rotation), flaps 2 | 107 KIAS
V1 (takeoff decision speed) | 106 KIAS
VMCA (min control w/one engine inop, air), flaps 1 | 88 KIAS
VMCA flaps 2 | 83 KIAS
V2 (takeoff safety speed) | 115 KIAS
VFE (max flap extended), flaps 1 | 250 KIAS
flaps 2 | 200 KIAS
full flaps | 175 KIAS
VLE (max gear extended) | 210 KIAS
VLO (max gear operating) | 210 KIAS
VREF (reference speed, final approach) | 108 KIAS

2 Likes

:rofl: I didn’t expect the FDM to be THAT wrong!!!

She is a heavy girl but can do well at low speeds.

1 Like

The real one has very impressive low speeds, but the MSFS version is more like a F-104!

For takeoff I don’t start the rotation below ~125kts and 145kts is still a rather low approach speed.

I hope Asobo is going to fix these gross errors!

2 Likes

Well the oscillation is easy enough - one thing I didnt mention originally is it only becomes prevalent after hitting a waypoint of any kind at altitude … its really bad. I can post a vid and you will see it is not normal for any airplane ever. The V speeds are definitely way off. This is the cause for most takeoff/landing issues.

I have seen it. I know exactly the problem you are having. Once you hit somewhere around 23 thousand it gets worse and worse.

AFAIK this doesn’t occur in HDG mode, but I have to agrre, the Longitude is in a really bad shape.

2 Likes

Yeah heading mode is about the only way to right the ship lol. Funniest moment for me was the first time I flew it … 150KIAS just after takeoff … AP on … Cleared to 10k … FLC … SPACE SHUTTLE STATUS!! I mean I was expecting a healthy climb … but just wow.

Not being able to use the mod really sucks because it really is a good plane. I hope that they work on it sometime in the future. And with WT G3000 it’s really close to the real jet.

Just to confirm the 108kts Vref are at MLW? (and what’s the MLW?)

yes

33,500 lb (15,195 kg)

Yeah I’m really hoping they bring that over to us. Love Working Titles work so far with the NXI. Hear nothing but good things for the others (CRJ, G3000/5000)

1 Like

Check the last 2 minutes.

1 Like

Yeah. I love being able to program in the flight and file IFR in the aircraft. It’s so great!

No. The climb should be butter smooth. It should climb like a rocket.

Yeah the real deal in the vid is kind of what I was expecting for the climb. Hard to tell from my small laptop screen but looked like somewhere between 4000-6000fpm. And a nice smooth ramp up to it as well.