Cessna Citation Longitude aka The Most Broken Aircraft On Xbox

I purchased the premium deluxe upgrade specifically for the 787 as well as the Citation Longitude. I am enjoying the 787 quite a bit despite a few minor bugs here and there. The Longitude however is a disaster piece.

Big problem #1 Autopilot Oscillation - starts around 20k ALT and get worse the higher you get eventually swaying back and forth around 20 degrees around 40k+ALT … total vomit comet. This is an easy fix on PC involving either changing a line of code or installing Working Title G3000/5000 mod … none of which are available on XBOX.

Big Problem #2 FLC/VNAV/Autothrottle - God help you if you select FLC with autothrottle engaged at low altitudes for a climb … particularly after takeoff … you will be treated to a good 10k fpm climb to about 10K ALT. Im assuming this is a disconnect between the FMC and AT/VNAV system. Im not seeing FMC as an option for guidance for the autopilot and based on the real G5000 system it should be there. Ive given up on fully functional VNAV on default aircraft with the exception of anything with a G1000 - thank you Working Title. I have solved this issue by taking off with VS at about 1-3k fpm … but I shouldn’t have to. As much as it is fun to pull off a fighter jet climb in a business jet I’m sure my passengers were not pleased with the nearly complete vertical takeoff.

Big Issue #3 - ILS/RNAV Landings - Vapp speed is either incorrect or not calculating correctly - this in conjunction with the AT and AP issues can cause the aircraft to stall before it even hits stall speeds during approach and arrival. On the other hand if you do not disconnect the ap and at fully at 3 different points as well as the autothrottle (yoke, dash and throttle body) the AP will still try to maintian altitude and you have to fight the plane down. As far as im aware the master disconnect on the yoke should kill all of that but it dosen’t.

MInor But Super Annoying Issue #4 - Please disable the “Landing Gear” audible warning when using autothrottle. Super Annoying! I am solving this by disconnecting the AT and moving the throttle a millimetre forward but it shouldn’t go off at all under AT.

Another minor issue #5 - I am fighting the aircraft on takeoff to get her in the air … I have not flown a Citation IRL but from pilots I have talked to that have do not describe it taking off in this way. They are more prone to say that it almost wants to fly. I shouldn’t have to pull full yoke back and max the ailerons at liftoff … this may be part of the stall issue previously stated.

I really want to love this aircraft so bad but so far it is by far the worst in the game. Asobo please fix this. As I said I purchased the Premium upgrade solely for the Citation and 787. I have put in a Zendesk ticket for the AP sway issue and have not heard a peep. This aircraft deserves better.

Zendesk Ticket Number 122207

I purchased the premium deluxe upgrade specifically for the 787 as well as the Citation Longitude. I am enjoying the 787 quite a bit despite a few minor bugs here and there. The Longitude however is a disaster piece.

Big problem #1 Autopilot Oscillation - starts around 20k ALT and get worse the higher you get eventually swaying back and forth around 20 degrees around 40k+ALT … total vomit comet. This is an easy fix on PC involving either changing a line of code or installing Working Title G3000/5000 mod … none of which are available on XBOX.

Big Problem #2 FLC/VNAV/Autothrottle - God help you if you select FLC with autothrottle engaged at low altitudes for a climb … particularly after takeoff … you will be treated to a good 10k fpm climb to about 10K ALT. Im assuming this is a disconnect between the FMC and AT/VNAV system. Im not seeing FMC as an option for guidance for the autopilot and based on the real G5000 system it should be there. Ive given up on fully functional VNAV on default aircraft with the exception of anything with a G1000 - thank you Working Title. I have solved this issue by taking off with VS at about 1-3k fpm … but I shouldn’t have to. As much as it is fun to pull off a fighter jet climb in a business jet I’m sure my passengers were not pleased with the nearly complete vertical takeoff.

Big Issue #3 - ILS/RNAV Landings - Vapp speed is either incorrect or not calculating correctly - this in conjunction with the AT and AP issues can cause the aircraft to stall before it even hits stall speeds during approach and arrival. On the other hand if you do not disconnect the ap and at fully at 3 different points as well as the autothrottle (yoke, dash and throttle body) the AP will still try to maintian altitude and you have to fight the plane down. As far as im aware the master disconnect on the yoke should kill all of that but it dosen’t.

MInor But Super Annoying Issue #4 - Please disable the “Landing Gear” audible warning when using autothrottle. Super Annoying! I am solving this by disconnecting the AT and moving the throttle a millimetre forward but it shouldn’t go off at all under AT.

Another minor issue #5 - I am fighting the aircraft on takeoff to get her in the air … I have not flown a Citation IRL but from pilots I have talked to that have do not describe it taking off in this way. They are more prone to say that it almost wants to fly. I shouldn’t have to pull full yoke back and max the ailerons at liftoff … this may be part of the stall issue previously stated.

I really want to love this aircraft so bad but so far it is by far the worst in the game. Asobo please fix this. As I said I purchased the Premium upgrade solely for the Citation and 787. I have put in a Zendesk ticket for the AP sway issue and have not heard a peep. This aircraft deserves better.

Zendesk Ticket Number 122207

Personal Comments:

Your answers are Dakfly’s Longitude Performance Mod and Working Title’s G3000 mod. Done.

Working Title /G3000 - v0.7.4

1 Like

As I said - we dont have this as an option on XBOX - believe me i would have already done it if I could. Right now we are hosed on console for lack of a better word.

8 Likes

I hear you (we hear you) - welcome to MSFS, sadly. The premium content airplanes are not good… the mods are the only things saving them. :frowning:

4 Likes

I would absolutely love it if the G3000 mod from Working title came to us on console (along with the CJ4). I’m a huge fan of what they are doing with the G1000 … so far is mum if its coming to console. And besides I think they are still busy working on the 1000 anyway to do anything else at the moment.

2 Likes

The G3000 will come to Marketplace eventually. It’s likely the next in-line for improvements after NXi leaves early access.

2 Likes

I fly the Longitude with Dakfly’s mod and it has spoiled me to the point that I wouldn’t touch the Asobo model. AFAIK, the Longitude has had this problem since Day 1. What I really don’t understand is why, in over a year since, Asobo hasn’t adopted Dakfly’s logic in their own model. Or even some of it.

4 Likes

Heres hoping :+1:

I’m with you on this one … I know Asobo is not above partnering with other companies to enhance features (Working Title, Aerosoft etc.) I just wish there was an acknowledgement. If i knew it was on the radar I wouldn’t worry. Plenty of other aircraft to fly in the meantime.

Funny I just checked the status of my ticket and it is stating “Solved” … yeah ok so the 2 flights I did last night were “solved” by my passengers reaching for the vomit bags. I submitted another ticket and that came back instantly solved… Anyone know how I can elevate this?

1 Like

Keep in mind what the definitions are for issues reported
Per the Zendesk FAQ
Ticket Statuses Explained (Bug Reports)

• Open: The report is in the queue. A bug report will remain open until it’s updated or marked as solved.
  • Awaiting your reply: Our team contacted you to request more information and is waiting for your reply.
  • Solved: The bug report has been handled—our team has recorded the bug in our internal bug and issue tracker. Please note this does not mean you will see the bug fixed in the next update, but has been recorded and prioritized accordingly.”

Regards

4 Likes

Thats actually helpful … not exactly my definition of solved but its something … thanks.

1 Like

Hahaha. Why can’t people read?!? The first reply is just gold. Dude says in the title he is on XBOX and is told to download mods to fix it.

But for real OP I have been after Asobo on Zendesk to fix this aircraft for over a year and they have basically told me to shut up. Their exact words where " WARNING - You will not receive further updates or an answer to this ticket

So more or less they don’t care at all about the customers that paid double $120 for the sim. And yes the aircraft has been broken since launch. It actually used to be worse and now it’s just awful. Maybe in another year it will be just bad.

5 Likes

Here is another bit of lovely info from that same email.

game-breaking bugs will receive the highest priority, while middle-of-the-road and cosmetic bugs are prioritized based on reproduction and the number of times reported.

So assuming that a small part of the community got the premium deluxe version of the sim. That means unless many of them even bother to report it almost has no chance of getting fixed. The Cessna Citation Longitude was the reason I purchased this version. I did not care about nearly any of the other things. I just personally like to fly business jets and this one could be fantastic. And it is honestly kind of great with Darkfly’s mod and WT G3000. But it also has other issues that mods can’t fix because the files are encrypted.

So based on the system in place for fixing bugs being a player vote. You can see how this aircraft has almost no chance of getting worked on.

5 Likes

I flew the Citation CJ4 for the first time last night and encountered at least the first two issues you mentioned. Roller coastering encountered with AP at FL140. Very badly too I should add. Strangely it levelled itself off after a while.
Was struggling to understand it’s AP so climbed to altitude manually, but looked up the AP function advice and the use of V/S and the wheel to set rate of descent. The ILS approach seemed to work fine thankfully. It’s a strange one though and I can confirm several wild climbs after playing around with FLC. Couldn’t figure out what I was doing wrong.
Thought it was all due to it being my first encounter with it rather than bugs.
All FS2020 planes seem to be bugged to a degree though. Even the Neo which I fly a lot has various altitude bugs at higher flight levels that are infuriating. Roller coaster climbs at FL240 and higher flight levels FL360/FL400 that can’t be reached with AP, and sometimes wild turbulence and you manually punch through those levels/wind/weather layers. I wish they’d fix it too since we won’t have access to the FBW NX version. I suspect just by the sheer volume of props that have been provided with FS2020 and the premium/deluxe packages that the sim is being aimed at those people who stay closer to the ground to admire the scenery.
Trouble is they only act on bugs as popularity contests it would seem and plane fixes are probably low on the agenda right now, so we probably just have to learn to live with the bugs for a while.

1 Like

Yeah thats the problem with the “fixing things based on popular vote” system. A good chunk of the user base (I dont know the exact numbers but I’m guessing more than half) can fix issues with mods. Meanwhile the other not insignificant but smaller user base cannot. The vote is not representative for us. I may be leaning to the split the sim up to two versions - a console version where we have working aircraft and the PC version where they have their clouds back. Not sure if that will solve it - The marketplace is the real problem here at least for Xbox.

2 Likes

The sad truth about the flight characteristics of these aircraft is they can be fixed with a simple tweak to the configuration file. This was made evident with Darkfly’s work on the Longitude. It went from awful oscillation, incorrect fuel burn, incorrect fuel load and range and on and on. Into a great plane to fly minus a few unfixable problems.

It would take a skilled programmer less then a day to correct most of these issues. Well if that programmer understood how these planes flight behavior was like in real life. Part of the problem with the Longitude’s configuration was it was a copy of the CJ4’s configuration file with a lazy once over to make it work for the jet. And it took them 6 months to change a few things in the file to correct the fuel load but added more problems like the oscillation issue. I think to this day they have not fully made a correct configuration file for the Longitude.

And this is where I have a huge problem with Asobo / Microsoft. These problems are stupid easy to fix and yet they keep adding content and items to the store. They need to stop cold with the world updates and fix the basic fundamentals of what makes a flight sim work. They need to get on these forums and read what players are saying.

6 Likes

1.Can’t confirm. Not even remotely. At the default weight the pitch attitude at ~200kts even at full thrust is ~ +20deg which isn’t anything special. Not even for an airliner.
The ROC doesn’t exceed 6000fpm in the full thrust case either.

2.I don’t understand. How can it stall before hitting the stall speed?

3.AP disengage works by pushing the VC button or the keyboard or a joystick button.
A bug is the wrong indication on the FMA, but the white bar next to the AP button will extinguish which confirms that the AP has been disengaged.

4.There is no master disconnect in any aircraft. AP and A/T two independent systems.
Hence you need to disengage each of them separately.

5.Not seeing this problem either. Looks like you are trying to rotate at a way too low speed.

I think V2 is 140kts on the Longitude. And landing speed with full flaps should be about 120 Kts. However I tend to come in a little hot at about 140Kts on landing.