Not AAU1: Cessna Citation Longitude Flight Dynamics Modification Project

Liking the new modifications very much. This is a minor nitpick and I have no expectations here, but I notice in cruise that the Longitude seems to have trouble holding altitude in that it will bobble up and down a couple hundred feet. I’m not sure if this is how the real plane is. It seems like it would be an uncomfortable experience for me as a passenger but as I’ve never had the pleasure this is total speculation.

From a flight sim perspective, this is not a big deal.

Thank you. I’ve noticed it seems a little gust and turbulence sensitive in the lateral axis. It’s a relatively low wing loading a/c to begin with but agreed it seems a little bouncy in the chop. I probably could look at the pitch moment values and perhaps some of the other variables, but I also have to be careful not to mess up handling or autopilot performance in the process.

Since the real airplane is operating in RVSM airspace, it is required to maintain the selected altitude to ±65 feet. In reality, the altitude tape barely moves at all in smooth air. Even in moderate to severe turbulence, you probably won’t see it move much more than 20 feet.

Side note: any altitude above FL410 is outside RVSM airspace meaning we are at 2000 foot separation and FL420 and FL440 are unusable altitudes unless you request a block altitude.

Great Job! I completed an IFR flight for the first time in quite a while. Thank You!

Good information - thank you again

You’re welcome!

I’ve been busy with the A32NX

Finally tried the mod

Good job!

Take off and landing feels much better than default

However I have difficulty manually maintaining a certain altitude, like 1,000 feet, the plane goes up or down very easily

Maybe I just need more practice, because too used to the slower TBM and the flybywire A320

Downloaded 1.4 and really happy with the latest update. I am now getting more familiar with the realistic flight dynamics of the Longitude thanks to this excellent mod you have provided the community.

I do have a question (I thought I would ask here even though it is more a bug issue)…how do you guys deals with the ‘runaway’ ALT/HDG/SPD/CRS knobs? This has become very frustrating for me especially when on final approach and you can’t properly select your desired values since they spin out of control !

^dont click. use mouse wheel. never had a problem since launch

You could also assign commands to buttons on your yoke/joystick or other controllers. I’ve had similar frustration with mouse commands. Seems to have become a problem for me after one of the updates in October. Wish Asobo would fix this.

Working very well compared to previously. Thanks for all your effort and shout out to Uwajimaya for his contribution.

This is just an observation:

Could you ask Uwajimaya if it is possible to time the strobes to flash together with the white beacon light? I know the beacon light is not as snappy as the strobes, but I’m talking about them all (3 strobes and 2 white beacon lights) lighting up at the same time, although the beacons stay lit a little longer. I read where you mentioned the white beacon lighting with the recog lights. I don’t think that’s the case. The white beacon lights up when the strobes come on, they are actually behaving as strobes and they flash at the same intervals with the 3 natural strobes (meaning: when the strobes are not on, the red lights flash, but when the strobes are on, the red and white alternate, but also the flash of the white coincides with the flash of the main strobes). Don’t know if it’s possible to make them flash like that with the turning on of the strobes, but even if not, maybe at least sync the strobes to the white beacon.

Or better yet if he can tell the lines that deal with the timing of the beacon and also the line that deal with the timing of the strobes, and I’ll adjust mine myself.

Thanks.

Very nice modification next to working-title’s!! Thanks very much for all the efforts.

Btw, I have fixed a customed flight_model.cfg for passing OnAir’s approval with default parameters -

• [max_gross_weight] = 39500
  • Station_load [station_load] entry reduce to 11 items (out of 14).
  • Fuel Tank [LeftMain , RightMain]

Anyone need this please PM me I will explain or share the CFG for your ref.

2 Likes

which parameters have to add or delete to pass the onair approval?

1 Like

That’s great to hear! Can you share the changes you made here so others can chime in if that will create significant impact to the aircraft’s flight dynamics / performance?

1 Like

Heyyy! Clumsy how are you? Nice to see you here :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Haha yes I oftentimes lurk but reply from time to time. Thanks for the valuable inputs in flying with this amazing mod from darkfly.

Hey, Clumsy, nice to see you here.

only capacity related number is edited, as said, Empty Weight, Payload points & fuel tank.
no any performance tweaked in order to pass OnAir’s plane validation.
(People ask me to try reduce the Fuel-Flow, but I don’t know how to do this)

Anyway, I am not sure now OnAir will treat if it is official to apply any mod of this specific a/c and playing with OnAir. Once people decrypted and clone a custom-Longitude in full fuel capacity, OnAir disapproved it.

So then, I’ll make a PM to you for ref.

1 Like

Following up on this challenging issue. 1) did you get it working? 2) have you got the flight model set to legacy or modern? If Legacy, switch to Modern.

Seems there are enough simmers interested in using a flyable Longitude in OnAir that I should probably create a mod version for these simmers. If interested I can prepare a separate mod with default values for weight, fuel, and load stations. Let me know if you’d like my assistance.

This will be great if there is a separate mod for current OnAir validating figures.

However, under current 860gal tanks, OnAir user is considering using this beautiful a/c would carry the pax in longer distance as IRL, is there a chance to reduce [Fuel Flow] to 60%, at least in High FL?

I’ve PM you the capacity edits for your ref. if that separte-OA-mod will include the Fuel Flow tweat and pass the validation too, that will be perfect for some months forward.

in short, if there is cgf-editing of solution on Fuel Flow, perhaps I could test it first here before you package things up?