Remodelled standby compass

Carb heat initiated & lever adjusted

fixed Gear height when used for Ai

Added ATC Designators / Callsigns

VERSION 1.2.0 changelog Includes :-

Fuel selector knob - re-animated and corrected L-O-R

Engine Starter - fixed, True Cold and Dark operation

Amphibian - Fitted Gear switch and Indicator lamps

Switches - Flipped to standard configuration (UP = ON)

Prop Torque - Was a little too high

Lighting Issues - L/R Fuel tank indicators + Radio Digits

Panel floods - Correct Red and or White flood lighting

Mirror - Fixed , now reflective

Flap Drag - Improved, much more draggy at 60%

Panel Colour - Now Blue, Green and Black

Added Liveries - Canadian Yellow Amphibian, Marines and Army (Olive drab)

PLEASE NOTE- THE VIDEO POSTED BELOW DOES NOT REFLECT THE CURRENT VERSION AND HAS BEEN POSTED HERE BY A THIRD PARTY TO MISLEAD AND MISINFORM

BUY HERE

3 Likes

A special thank you should go to Cessna L-19 Bird Dog Float Plane & Bush Plane Review MSFS addons v1.1 - WATCH BEFORE YOU BUY. - YouTube for highlighting many of these issues.
Please next time release after through testing! :smile:

16 Likes

PLEASE remove the Video link , As it is outdated, misleading and no longer Valid

Thank you

1 Like

if they’re all fixed it’s worth looking at all the same! :wink:

2 Likes

It doesn’t mention anything about whether or not the amphibian model can land on water now. A previous review showed that the “amphibian” couldn’t do water landings.

1 Like

It always could, there are plenty of reviews and pictures showing it. The author of the video decided it was best not to investigate why that happened and didn’t try another landing.

2 Likes

I have done Numerous Water landings … in Calm Lakes and Rough Seas!!
The flight model could always land on water unless there was some other Uninvestigated error

Not adressed in the patch notes though. Btw this still does not adress a full cockpit refresh given the FSX quality. It’s worth sharing and knowing. Everyone should know what to expect before they buy, nobody should pay to beta test. If the devs don’t want the video around, they should wait before pushing unfinished products to the marketplace.

And no, the plane shouldn’t just black screen and crash if there’s a wave.

6 Likes

Great! Looks like it’s shaping up to be my next plane purchase.

2 Likes

I was able to land on a nearby lake and river with the prior version, and just did it a couple times with the new version. Also can taxi around on the water with no problem. I also really like the way the plane flies differently with the pontoons. And lands differently on a runway. You can ‘feel’ the weight down there it seems. It is fun to fly in general. I do still have my copilot in the rear, with just a touch of shoe toes in my seat. I’m getting fond of that actually.

2 Likes

But @Geealf it absolutely doesn’t, even on the highest realism settings. See the other comments here and watch a few more reviews. If you don’t like the VC that’s fine - its a matter of personal choice. I only run a modest PC so sensible texturing and lower polygon count works fine for me. I get over 50 FPS in this bird but struggle to keep 30 in others.

after use fsx sibwings version i can’t even look on this cockpit

3 Likes

Wouldn’t you be making better use of your time investigating errors, rather than arguing with customers on the forum?

8 Likes

ding ding ding… that’s why I posted that video. After that review they should have made a public announcement with a big SORRY, instead they’re trying the “head under the sand” approach, so this is the only way to safeguard customers.

9 Likes

I sent them a message via their “contact us” e-mail address. I pointed out a few things I would like to see in the next version. Among those was changing the color of the panel, and also a US Army livery.
This was last Tuesday. I haven’t received an e-mail response yet, but Surprise! V1.2 came with a choice of panel colors and a US Army livery (plus others). Thanks BBS!
Obviously, there are alot of other fixes that they have listed above. The myth that the plane cannot land on water is just that- a myth. It has always been able to. BBS- if you’re reading this, please correct the reversed elevator trim indicator on the floor to the left of the pilot. It is still reversed. Maybe if there is a version 1.3. In any case, good job on 1.2! This plane gets better all the time.

2 Likes

I don’t think that anyone has claimed that ‘the plane cannot land on water’. The question seems to be whether it can be relied on to do so. Since the developer has suggested that there may be ‘uninvestigated errors’, I’d assume the answer to be ‘nobody knows’.

1 Like

Do you own the model at present? If so, have you tried to land on water?
How did it go?

No, and after being insulted by the developer, I’m unlikely to purchase it.

Perhaps you can enlighten us as to why people should be purchasing products where reports of fundamental issues in core functionality aren’t being investigated by the developer?

5 Likes

I happen to own it, and like it alot.
The core functionalities you mention have actually received a great deal of attention by the developer. They’ve release 2 (3?) updates since release.
It does, in fact, reliably land on water.

A developer who has just stated that “The flight model could always land on water unless there was some other Uninvestigated error”. Which can only be read as meaning that there may be uninvestigated issues. And I can’t really see how anyone but the developer can know what he/she hasn’t investigated yet.

1 Like