CH Eclipse Yoke: No default mapping, no picture

Before the last Great Britain update, I programmed the yoke laboriously but without problems. Default settings were already assigned, although no image of the yoke was available.

Before the last Great Britain update, I programmed the yoke laboriously but without problems. Default settings were already assigned, although no image of the yoke was available.
Although according to the changelog 1.13.16.0 (World Update III) under INPUT is noted “CH ECLIPSE YOKE” default preset have been added" I see after the start neither a picture of the yoke nor any default assignment.
How can this be explained?

It is very annoying because Zendesk previously denied me the information where my settings for the yoke are stored. I wanted to know that so I could make a backup.
Answer from Zendesk: The settings are stored in the cloud and restored after a crash.
When I asked that there must also be a local storage location, because these files must also be stored somewhere in offline mode (when, for example, the Internet is not available), I got the answer that they are not allowed to give this information.
Now I have to reconfigure everything with a lot of effort, because apparently the information was not correct that the settings would be stored in the cloud. Because otherwise they would be visible again after the last update.

Does anyone have an idea how I can restore my previous settings and why despite the update information the image of the yoke including default settings is not displayed?
Does anyone know where the settings are saved? I have the disc version.

Here is how to find them in an MS Store install:
Go to c:/users/(username)/AppData/Local/Packages/Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe/SystemAppData/wgs folder
There should be two folders there, one called “t” and the other with a huge alphanumeric name like 000901F6… Open that one.
Under that folder, there are a bunch of other Alpha Numeric (ie 69D9FE4C2AB94940B11A4D26A23A9561) name folders. Open each one, and you’ll find a container. file, and then another “file” with another huge alpha numeric name (i.e. A1036E4CDAAB21882AD5630E81466F). Open that file up with NOTEPAD or NOTEPAD ++. If you get nothing but screen barf, exit out and go to the next folder. Don’t touch that folder.
Go to the next numbered folder and continue opening the alpha numeric files. As you go through these folders, some of those alpha numeric files will contain your controller data that’s easily readable.
There could be more than one folder with the controller data in it.

Thanks for the info.
I really would not have looked here.

Since you know your way around, a further question:
Do the names of the folders and the files always stay the same?
So can you always write the backed up files back to the same place after a crash?

I honestly never tried.
I believe they should, as each controller has a specific name.
Even if they don’t, if you remove and replace the contents of the new folder with the contents of the saved, renamed the content of the saved to the whatever name that content has in the new file, it should work

Together we are strong!!!

I did the following because I still had a backup of the settings:
a) Opened my backup and copied the contents of the file for my yoke (I think without changing the header in the first 4 lines).
b) Copied into the last file created by the system (with the missing assignments) and saved.
This left the varying folder and file names that MSFS itself had created unchanged.
Worked. Got my painstakingly created with sometimes up to 4 mappings per key back.
Thanks for your support.

1 Like

The files don’t. If I watch the folder for my throttle, and make a change to that configuration, the folder doesn’t change, but one of the two files that has the text configuration in it disappears, and a new one with a different name appears.

1 Like

Good news indeed, glad too have helped!