CH Pro Pedals Issues

I have the CH Pro Pedals and they work fine, even though they are about the same age. The input is measured by a potentiometer. The pot could be going bad or it might be a bit dirty and need cleaning.

Are you sure you have the “Joystick L-Axis Z” assigned to the Rudder axis?

Left Brake Axis should be assigned to “Joystick L-Axis X”

Right Brake Axis should be assigned to “Joystick L-Axis Y”

Thank you for the suggestion of checking the Axis assigned, but the Axis are properly assigned. I checked.

1 Like

Have you cracked open the CH Pro Pedals case and tried cleaning the internal components? If you have, what did you use to do the cleaning?

I had an issue with mine where I turned it upside down and shook it and a bunch of guitar picks fell out :roll_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

They were keeping me from getting full stroke on the rudders :slight_smile:

PS. I also had the problem you are describing in FSX (I had realized this when I had set up MSFS), because I forgot to turn off the assignment of the twist action (rudder) of my Logitech Extreme3D Pro. When I un-assigned it, everything went back to normal.

I have opened them to clean and lube the track due to it not being as smooth as it used to be. I used a small bit of silicon grease to lube the track, however not sure of that is to factory spec or not. The pot was fine so I didn’t mess with that.

What I remember was that there was one pot and some extremely thin and (what looked like) delicate wiring. Had to open it like a clam shell to avoid damage. The whole assembly isn’t necessarily complicated but I found putting it back together to be a bit tricky. All the components and wires need to lay a certain way so the wires don’t interfere with pedal track. Then I had to put the cover back on, blind, being careful not to bump any of the components.

The last observation I noticed that it was very easy to overtighten the screws, making the pedals stick.

If you plan on cleaning the pot, use something like Deoxit or a similar product. This is the same stuff I use to clean the pots on all of my guitars.

My apologies for the information overload. :slight_smile:

Occasionally. Usually if I fly an airplane that I haven’t flown in a while. I just unplug and replug the usb. It also happened with FSX.

Thank you for the details. I do not mind them as I am/was a Mechanical Engineer.

FYI, I observed last night during my tweaking of the rudder’s sensitivity settings that the trace of the CH Pro Pedals output in FS 2020 showed full right-rudder went up to 100% of the curve. Full left-rudder only traced up to 33% of the curve. My sensitivity settings in FS 2020 are identical for both left and right rudder inputs. Thus, I suspect I have a bad pot on the left rudder pedal.

I intend to crack the case and see what I discovver.

1 Like

I too had steering/brake issues after WU3 with pedals re-centring regardless of my input. Discovered that MS Win10 seems to like to rely on generic USB drivers for anything/everything it can !
I found I had no CH PRO Pedals in Device Manager at all. Found the CH Pro control manager and re-installed, then did the recalibrate procedure from it and now … everything works perfectly again … I can taxy/break/slip etc without issues. Check DM to make sure the ‘generic’ gremlins haven’t come to stay with you too !CH_Pro
Forget the calibration in MSFS … as it doesn’t seem to work with this product - at least it doesn’t for me.

I have a Issue with the toe brakes. MSFS can’t recognised the left and right brake axis. I set axis x and y for the left and right brake but it won’t activate them when I depress the pedals and I know they’re working because when I’m in the sensitivity settings I see both axis moving. They also work fine a P3D without any tweeking so I’m certain it’s an MSFS related issue.

One issue with CH pedals is they really do not like the Win10 Control panel calibration app. To get mine working properly I had to go back into the Win10 calibration and reset it to default.

They are pretty dodgy things overall but you can get them semi-resembling a real aircraft rudder by:

• chiselling off the detente that makes them stick in the middle
  • put in much stronger springs so they self centre without the detent
  • lift the rear of the pedals so they sit more upright

google ‘CH Control Manager’ and download the .exe(3MB) v4.55… there is a TEST/CALIBRATE icon in it which will solve all your issues with MSFS rudder AND left/right TOE BRAKES - WITHOUT IT THE RUDDER IS NIGHTMARE !!!
Good Luck

Today, since last nights update, I have lost the use of left and right brake axis using the CH PRO Ruddrr pedal. Both axis show up as working on the sensitivity screen.
I have solved it by assigning the left and right axis to left brake and right brake

I too have lost use of the Left/Right Brake Axis on CH Pedals. This is getting seriously frustrating. You can see the axis of the brakes moving in the sensitivity screen but on the previous screen the axis doesn’t move. This clearly tells me this is a bug in FS2020.

I have the same now since 1.15.7.0 I believe. The CH Pro-Pedals were working correctly up until this point. The axes are working correctly in the Windows 10 test settings. It seems as if the brake pedal axes are not detected by FS2020. I did have them responding briefly but the first half of the travel had no response, then a sudden jump when the brake axis passed the half-way point. Could this be because their default position is not half-way along the axis?

Try going back into Win10 test settings and resetting the calibration to default. Try the pedals without calibration.

This is such an odd problem. I have absolutely none of the problems with my CH pedals. All of the axis behave accordingly. It’ll be interesting to see what the fix is for this problem.

My CH pedals work 100 percent fine in DCS Word from STEAM without the CH Manger installed but they don’t work in MFS2020. This shows it is a MFS2020 issue. How they screwed that up is just stupid just like the flight plan doesn’t save after saving a flight.

Have no trouble with CH Pro pedals in Msfs2020 , PROVIDING they have not been calibrated in the Win10 control panel app. Calibration breaks them until you reset the calibration back to default.

1 Like

I have used my CH Pro Pedals all thru FSX and now MSFS without issue. Just ask for help; not everything is Asobo’s fault. I think EdamllamaB has given a good answer. Make sure everything works in the windows control panel then calibrate in MSFS.