CH Products controllers - Millions were sold worldwide and no support?

I would think there would be NATIVE support for the entire CH Products line. Every forum I visit there are countless threads on the subject of “How do I…”

Come on Asobo, hook us up!

Eclipse Yoke - Don’t own but supposedly there IS support for this yoke
Flight Sim Yoke - NO SUPPORT
Pro Pedals - NO SUPPORT
Throttle Quadrant - Added default preset w/ v1.11.6.0 YEA!
Combatstick - Added default preset w/ v1.11.6.0 YEA!
Flightstick Pro - Added default preset w/ v1.11.6.0 YEA!
Fighterstick - CH Products’s HOTAS
Pro Throttle - CH Products’s HOTAS

So many buttons and hats on last two, probably better for user customization. But the ailerons, elevator, and throttle SHOULD at least be in a preset.

EDITED: Updated support THANK YOU Asobo! Add the Pro Pedals and Flightsim Yoke and there will be a lot of happy campers

2 Likes

You need to map everything manually for the Eclipse yoke.

They are supported in the sense that the system sees them. But you have to work out what all the buttons are and map them yourselves. So buttons DO get mapped by default, but you have no idea what they are.

For example, my Saitek X-55 throttle has some 20 buttons on it - all numbered 1-20 (or whatever). You do not know what (for example), button 7 is. You really have to go through and draw a picture of your device and then work out what all the buttons and hat sticks (and axis) are numbered. Not a huge task, but it would have been so much easier with a picture and everything labelled.

Same with the CH Eclipse yoke.

Not a huge problem, but yes, it would have been nice to be fully supported.

That is on the CH webpage for all their devices.

200-616 Eclipse Yoke - FS2020.pdf (chproducts.com)

Downloads and Community Links CH Products, FAQ (look for Button Assignments (PDF’s): )

I have my own mapping, but having a picture with the button numbers helps.

1 Like

The latest update includes Presets for the yoke, pedals, and quadrant, according to the release notes.

1 Like

Interesting to see what support they added in the latest update. Mine have been working. I have just had to manually map everything the way I like it. My CH Hardware has held up rather well over the years.

Still having issues using CH Control Manager in Windows 10. The CH driver is outdated. When I attempt to switch to mapped mode in CH Control Manger my controls disconnect and I have to restart. Using CH control manager and assigning a shift key doubles your effective number of buttons.

http://www.boostair.com/file/CH_Products_Control_Manager_Tutorial.pdf

I’ve got a CH yoke, and it doesn’t even want to work on my newer computer. I guess everyone just gave up on them…

I have been fighting this issue for several weeks and it appears that the CH Product Pro Pedals do not have an axis in the programming. Therefore they are either 0% or 100% on the rudder in either direction with no modulation.

There appears to be some issue with the elevators also as they are unstable and the flights go from +500fps to -500fps and then +1000fps to -1000fps with constant yoke. So, some issues there and the full effect is the program is unusable with the CH Products Flight Sim yoke and Pro Pedals.

1 Like

Any joystick device that shows up in windows (including the CH products) will be assingable in MSFS.

Given the popularity of the CH products I was surprised there where default mappings. But they do work in MSFS once they are manually mapped.

I use a CH Products Eclipse yoke, CH Products Throttle Quadrant, and CH Products Pro Pedals.

No issues whatsoever.

I obviously had to configure the mappings, and there are a few ways to go wrong there. I have a couple profiles that I switch between depending on which aircraft I am flying to get switch and lever mappings that make sense for that aircraft. I am not using the CH Control Manager.

CH Eclipse yoke and had trouble using the Trim Wheel for elevator Trim up/down. Because it acts like a button it barely moved the trim wheel at all as it did in FSX and X-Plane. For a work around I used on of the grey up/down switches for my trim and hold it to make the trim wheel go up/down. I used the trim wheel up for flaps up / down but would prefer if MS fixed the issue. I think they need a repeat function or something on the button assigned to trim wheel.

CH PRO THROTTLE:
No matter what I do with the throttle axis it defaults to mid point and pull BACK towards me for FULL THROTTLE.

Seems like CH Have reached the end of the road. They should stop selling products that are no longer supported and don’t even start on the Dogs Dinner that passes for Control Software, they recommend not using it in Win10 - oh really?

I have CH Throttle Quadrant and Pro Pedals and all work fine. I have no additional driver software installed.

The pedals require that the Z-axis sensitivity curve be adjusted.

The auto-installed MS driver for the throttle quadrant sees the two throttle levers as the X/Y axis of a joystick. Thus, it needs to be calibrated manually before the detents are detected properly. The prop and mix controls work fine because they are seen by the driver as simple levers.

This all occurs, I’m thinking, because MS wants us to buy all new hardware.

Here I have a CH Fighterstick, CH ProThrottle and CH Pro Pedals and working fine. I did know how to program a shift for example in FS that works in ProThrottle without using CH Control Manager, except for that they are working flawlessly.

The Guy who originally wrote the Software left some years ago. It appears CH Products have never engaged or paid anyone to make the Control Manager Win10 Compliant. (VB is no longer supported by Microsoft and reached the end of its life some years ago)

Many problems using Mapped Mode arise from Windows not being able to parse Vendor Code and Product ID properly. (i.e. 068E is CH Products XXXX is the Product Code)

The USB IDs on my Rig allocated to the following products (not using Mapped Mode) are:-
068E00F3 <=> FighterStick
068E0501 <=> CHProPedals
068E00F1 <=> ProThrottle

Using Mapped Mode the IDs are changed to:-
068EC0F3 <=> FighterStick
068EC501 <=> CHProPedals
068EC0F1 <=> ProThrottle

Windows hasn’t a clue what that is and subsequently throws a wobbly on PID Detection resulting in trashed control bindings and start all over again… (Witnessed this often in Elite Dangerous)

It seems like CH Products never got around to offering any updates to the USB IDs sent to Microsoft.

(Listing identified and Maintained by Stephen J. Gowdy linux.usb.ids@gmail.com)
If you have any new entries, please submit them via
The USB ID Repository
or send entries as patches (diff -u old new) in the body of your email (a bot will attempt to deal with it). The latest version can be obtained from (http://www.linux-usb.org/usb.ids)

068e CH Products, Inc.
00d3 OEM 3 axis 5 button joystick
00e2 HFX OEM Joystick
00f0 Multi-Function Panel
00f1 Pro Throttle
00f2 Flight Sim Pedals
00f3 Fighterstick
00f4 Combatstick
00fa Ch Throttle Quadrant
00ff Flight Sim Yoke
0500 GameStick 3D
0501 CH Pro Pedals
0504 F-16 Combat Stick

1 Like

My Flight Simulator was working great, unfortunately, I had to do a complete wipe and reinstall to my PC. I failed to save my CH Product Software. Everything is installed but now my Simulator doesn’t see my CH Yoke or Pedals. I went looking for CH Software, but it is nowhere to be found. Is this the end and I toss my Yoke and Pedals in the trash, or is there a solution??? The CH homepage is down, and the software links have been removed. I don’t know where to go next?

I have an old CH Eclipse LE Yoke and Pedals. They work quite well so they should (will?) work for you, too. I remember having trouble when first setting them up, but don’t remember exactly what I did. If they are recognized by Windows 10/11 and appear in Settings>Bluetooth & devices>Devices then they should be recognized by MSFS. Here are a couple ideas:

• Have you tried unplugging them, rebooting, then plugging them back in to see if they are recognized in Windows?
  • I read somewhere that you cannot connect them to a powered USB hub. If so, try plugging them directly into the computer instead.
  • Immediately after MSFS startup, I must unplug my Yoke from a front USB port and then plug it back in before MSFS recognizes it.
  • You don’t need the CH Products software. I don’t use it at all.

Just this past week, I noticed the CH Products website was down. The DigiKey site still shows information for CH. It makes me wonder if CH Products is no longer in existence?

UPDATE 8/26/2023: CH Products website is back up!! Glad they are back! You can download the Control Manager software here: Control Manager Software: 4.55a

UPDATE 2 (8/26/23): Tried the MSFS settings now available in MSFS. These weren’t available when I set the yoke and pedals up the first time. When you go to Options>Controls>CH Yoke or CH Pro Pedals you will see Default under each. Click the Arrow under one of them. You will see a profile “Special Mapping” for the Yoke and “CH Pro Pedals USB Profile” for the Pedals. These work very well. In fact, the curves and sensitivities of these settings work better than what I had set up originally, although the button assignments for the lights I might change back to my previous settings.